Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

US meat contains too much toxin? Pew Charitable report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US meat contains too much toxin? Pew Charitable report

USA meat and poultry may contain too much toxin according to the Pew Charitable Trusts. The USDA is not doing a good job of keeping our meat and poultry healthy food.
    --report: http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research...d-egg-products
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Does this mean you think that the government needs to have more oversight of the meat industry?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Moderated By: Catholicity

Thread is moved to more appropriate area

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Does this mean you think that the government needs to have more oversight of the meat industry?
        This thread is now in the Health forum. Why don't you start a thread in Civics to discuss that and other related matters?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          This thread is now in the Health forum. Why don't you start a thread in Civics to discuss that and other related matters?
          Excuse me, but if there are pesticides and drugs in the food it has EVERYTHING to do with health and the amount of government involvement is a concern. Your testing the arguing moderation line. Watch it.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Buy Canadian.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Excuse me, but if there are pesticides and drugs in the food it has EVERYTHING to do with health and the amount of government involvement is a concern. Your testing the arguing moderation line. Watch it.
              my post that is number 4 http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post301159
              was a suggestion to One Bad Pig that if he wants discussion of government adulterating our food he should start a thread in Civics. . . . Oh, maybe you jumped to the conclusion that I am on the threshold of starting such a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                my post that is number 4 http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post301159
                was a suggestion to One Bad Pig that if he wants discussion of government adulterating our food he should start a thread in Civics. . . . Oh, maybe you jumped to the conclusion that I am on the threshold of starting such a thread?
                I have no idea how you reached the conclusion I want to discuss that. I asked you a question which was engendered by your OP.

Please consider relaxing your notion of what should be discussed where. It is perfectly acceptable to discuss the impact of government on food issues here.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X