Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Yo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

Hi.

I believe I was here a while back, when the forum SW was much different ("threaded," an' all). Don't recall why I left.

Thanks to mossrose for letting me in.

I have setup questions:

-- What is the difference between "avatar" and "profile picture"?

-- Is there a setting for "Signatures"?

-- And most importantly: ICQ? AIM? Do those even still *exist*???
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    What is the difference between "avatar" and "profile picture"?
    Avatar show up with all your posts. Profile pic is only visible when viewing a TWebber's profile
    Is there a setting for "Signatures"?
    Yes. you need to have more posts before you can set it though.
    And most importantly: ICQ? AIM? Do those even still *exist*???
    yes
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Thank you, Raphael!

Is there a centralized place to read about this? One that is actually useful and pertinent, that is. The FAQ page has nothing relevant. The "Settings and Profile Features" page makes reference to features I can't find.
      Last edited by NorrinRadd; 04-02-2016, 01:57 AM.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Welcome! Glad we got you sorted out!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you, Raphael!

Is there a centralized place to read about this? One that is actually useful and pertinent, that is. The FAQ page has nothing relevant. The "Settings and Profile Features" page makes reference to features I can't find.
          I wonder if it's possible to modify the profile of new users to note that you need a certain number of posts to access some features? That's a question for the geek squad.

Anyhow, welcome!
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Comment

Hmm. Ok, I've reached the magic threshold and new options appeared. I entered my Signature. I thought it might be automatically added to my existing posts, but I guess not. We'll see if it appears here.

ETA -- Yup, there it is.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

'sup?
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X