Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Getting a phone upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a phone upgrade

I logged in to Tracfone to buy minutes for my prepaid phone, and got a message that they are phasing out 2G phones--which includes mine. So I'm getting a free 3G replacement sent to me.

I'm not two generations behind anymore.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

As long as it isn't an iPhone...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I logged in to Tracfone to buy minutes for my prepaid phone, and got a message that they are phasing out 2G phones--which includes mine. So I'm getting a free 3G replacement sent to me.

Samsung Galaxy S7?.....oh wait, that's 4G
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

If it makes you feel better, the current standard is LTE, so you can still say you're 2 generations behind.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My trusty Moterola flip phone fell out of my pocket yesterday. It would not keep the time or date and I feared upgrade time was upon me. But the young fella at the store reset it for me and I am good to go for a while longer.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I don't know what the replacement will be...probably just some cheap 3G equivalent.

Which is just fine with me.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment