Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is the oddest thing you've read from your side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the oddest thing you've read from your side?

"At first the methods of Vlad the Impaler seem extreme..."
    You can earn an 'Amen' if you can cite the source.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Probably some Pope. But he was at war with the Muslims.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

"your side"?

what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        "your side"?
        what do you mean?
        <---- You look at your faith designation.
        You post what struck you as the oddest thing someone with that same designation has written.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Probably some Pope. But he was at war with the Muslims.
          Hint: It was a TWebber.

Comment

Hint: It was a TWebber.
            What's his name from England? Darth something?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Vlad Tepes is still quite popular in Romania. People pine for the high morality of his society and his fighting prowess against the Turks.

This was probably said by Darth Executor, who is Romanian.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Darth Executor?

Comment

<---- You look at your faith designation.
                  You post what struck you as the oddest thing someone with that same designation has written.
                  Oh my. I will have to think a bit on that one. Are you talking about what other twebbers have said, or anyone?

13 years on Tweb gives me quite a range of choices. There was Mickey, Magellan2004, Jorge, Biblewheel, you...

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                    Yeah, the methods of Vlad The Impaler seem extreme at first.....until you step back, and realize what the Islamists were doing to them.

If you don't mind please do a and accidentally report the post rather than amen it.

Actually that would be a reverse

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, it was Darth_Executor.
                      Please post more examples of the odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Oh my. I will have to think a bit on that one. Are you talking about what other twebbers have said, or anyone?

13 years on Tweb gives me quite a range of choices. There was Mickey, Magellan2004, Jorge, Biblewheel, you...
                        Magellan's "star+fish=starfish" (complete with pictures) would win hands down were I on that 'side'.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                          Magellan's "star+fish=starfish" (complete with pictures) would win hands down were I on that 'side'.
                          And don't forget his horse that evolved longer legs one at a time.

Too bad many of the odd quotes and posts were lost in the twebpocalypse.

Oh I forgot about JohnMartin....

Some of his recent quotes:

According to the heliocentric model, gravity is required to both pull the moon towards the sun and push the moon away from the sun depending upon the motion of the earth relative to the sun!!!!
                          Sound travels at 761 miles per hour, whilst the earth rotates from west to east at the equator at about 1000 miles per hour. For the sound to reach the hearer standing east of the sound, the air must rotate around with the earth at 1000 miles per hour, allowing the sound to travel within the apparently stationary atmosphere (relative to the earth's surface). A similar problem exists at the poles, where the hearer standing east of the sound source will hear the sound within the apparently stationary atmosphere, which is rotating with the earth at almost zero velocity. For sound to work physically within the rotating earth model, the atmosphere must be rotating with the earth, having a velocity variability of between 0 and 1000 miles per hour from the poles to the equator. As the atmosphere has 1. velocity changes over distance from the poles towards the equator, and 2. velocity changes with height above sea level and, 3. accelerations due to the earths orbit around the earth's axis and the sun, what are the causes of the forces that cause the change in atmosphere velocities to have the atmosphere move along with the motion of the earth? Apparently wherever there is a change in velocity, there is an acceleration, which infers a force causing the atmosphere's mass to accelerate along with the earth's motion.

And every post of his in the "Is the Earth Flat" thread: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ence-Presented

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            Nothing from you side?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Nothing from you side?
                              He needs to do a search of JIML posts.

Comment