Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Fantastic Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Four

Just how terrible is it? Has anyone seen it?

No, not the one from last year. Not even the one with Captain America in it. The one from 1994.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I don't think I've seen that one. I don't think I had even heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I don't think I've seen that one. I don't think I had even heard of it.
      As far as I understand it, the only reason it was even made was so they wouldn't lose the rights to it. Still, it's a real movie--albeit a not entirely serious one.

Comment

I dont even remember that one. I do remember the one from 2005 with Michael Chiklis and Jessical Alba.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120667/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I haven't seen the new one yet.

Comment

How about this one, Zym...

That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I've seen it, and I liked it. It's actually the only Fantastic 4 that I like. And the reason you never heard of it Sparko, is because they never released it. I think it was featured once or twice on HBO or something, and then mostly at conventions.

It really is one of those "it's so good it's bad" films. If I'm remembering correctly, the Human Torch doesn't even flame on till the end of the film, and he's animated!! They used a cartoon character to fill for special FX Oh, and The Thing's costume is awesome. It looks like something out of the 90s TMNT films. Mr. Fantastic's stretchy arms are probably the most hilarious FX in the film, and Sue's FX were incredibly simple. They just filmed...nothing.. . Dr. Doom is actually done very well in the film. It's saying something when a Dr. Doom from 1994 looks 10 times better than the Dr. Doom from 2015.

If you can find it, I highly recommend watching it with some friends and maybe with a few beers.
            Last edited by Adrift; 04-12-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              How about this one, Zym...
              Thing ring? Oh brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                I've seen it, and I liked it. It's actually the only Fantastic 4 that I like. And the reason you never heard of it Sparko, is because they never released it. I think it was featured once or twice on HBO or something, and then mostly at conventions.

It really is one of those "it's so good it's bad" films. If I'm remembering correctly, the Human Torch doesn't even flame on till the end of the film, and he's animated!! They used an cartoon character to fill for special FX Oh, and The Thing's costume is awesome. It looks like something out of the 90s TMNT films. Mr. Fantastic's stretchy arms are probably the most hilarious FX in the film, and Sue's FX were incredibly simple. They just filmed...nothing.. . Dr. Doom is actually done very well in the film. It's saying something when a Dr. Doom from 1994 looks 10 times better than the Dr. Doom from 2015.

If you can find it, I highly recommend watching it with some friends and maybe with a few beers.
                An alternative to that would be to wait until it's really really late.

Comment

It really is one of those "it's so good it's bad" films. If I'm remembering correctly, the Human Torch doesn't even flame on till the end of the film, and he's animated!! They used an cartoon character to fill for special FX Oh, and The Thing's costume is awesome. It looks like something out of the 90s TMNT films. Mr. Fantastic's stretchy arms are probably the most hilarious FX in the film, and Sue's FX were incredibly simple. They just filmed...nothing.. . Dr. Doom is actually done very well in the film. It's saying something when a Dr. Doom from 1994 looks 10 times better than the Dr. Doom from 2015.

I was hoping you'd post something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Well, he's kind of a comics snob, so it's expected he would know stuff like this.

Comment

An alternative to that would be to wait until it's really really late.
                      Also, if you hold your breath for a long time. But don't do that, you might hurt yourself.

Comment

Well, he's kind of a comics snob, so it's expected he would know stuff like this.

I take that as a compliment you know.

Comment

Also, if you hold your breath for a long time. But don't do that, you might hurt yourself.
                          Much safer to just stay up late. I remember a ton of times when playing games really late at night with my cousins that we would start laughing at even the dumbest little things.

Comment

I take that as a compliment you know.
                            I thought you might, but I wasn't sure, hence the smileys.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              I have the perfect idea for a Fantastic Four film that they'll probably never make. Okay, so, the problem with the Fantastic Four, and the reason they haven't been able to create a successful franchise for them is that they represent all our best hopes and fears of the Atomic Age. I don't think there's really anything in our current age that's relatable. So, instead of trying to film the Fantastic Four in the present period, I think Fox would be far better off creating a franchise that takes place in the early 60s. They could be the "first Marvel superheroes" (which they were if you're not counting the Golden Age 40s characters). With the success of X-Men: First Class, I don't know why this idea hasn't become a thing before now. It could be something like Alex Ross' Marvels story idea. And for Pete's sakes, can we finally get a decent Galactus/Silver Surfer storyline in there too?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X