Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Ray, on Death Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray, on Death Row

I have been contacted by mail by Ray, who currently resides on Death Row in Huntsville, Texas. (within fairly easy driving distance* from me)

This is not the first time something like this has happened - I have counseled several Death Row Inmates.

The process is cumbersome - I cannot visit Ray without being on his "visitation list", and we're in the process of working through that.

Ray indicates that he knows he's guilty and deserves to die - this doesn't appear to be a "get out of jail" attempt cause he "found God".

The last time this happened, the individual also admitted he was guilty, and deserved death. I hear stories of "everybody on death row is innocent" - meaning they won't admit they "did it". The last guy told me he killed his wife and children, and deserved to die, but was pleading for mercy from God because he wasn't in his right head. It's tough.

Anyway, please pray for Ray. And me, for wisdom.

*in Texas, I guess that's within about 250 miles
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have been contacted by mail by Ray, who currently resides on Death Row in Huntsville, Texas. (within fairly easy driving distance* from me)

This is not the first time something like this has happened - I have counseled several Death Row Inmates.

The process is cumbersome - I cannot visit Ray without being on his "visitation list", and we're in the process of working through that.

Ray indicates that he knows he's guilty and deserves to die - this doesn't appear to be a "get out of jail" attempt cause he "found God".

The last time this happened, the individual also admitted he was guilty, and deserved death. I hear stories of "everybody on death row is innocent" - meaning they won't admit they "did it". The last guy told me he killed his wife and children, and deserved to die, but was pleading for mercy from God because he wasn't in his right head. It's tough.

Anyway, please pray for Ray. And me, for wisdom.

*in Texas, I guess that's within about 250 miles
    It's tough...I know! The only "consolation" for these men (if they have accepted Christ as their Savior) is they know where they are going and can take some comfort that no matter what they have done...that there is forgiveness and mercy at the Throne of God. Praying for Ray...and you for wisdom from on Hight!
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Everyone deserves a chance to be saved. You are doing good preacher man.

Comment