PDA

View Full Version : Wise Use Of Time

Meh Gerbil
05-14-2016, 05:59 PM
I think Christian apologists need to do a better job of identifying honest skeptics.
Too often I've wasted time with skeptics that are dishonest, absorb too much time, and aren't really seeking anything but a place to air their bloated sense of self-importance.

And yes, at times I've been that guy - thought I'd get that in there before you had a chance to write it.
Time spent with me during those times was a waste of time for some poor unbeliever.
Avoid these people - the time is better spent helping the neighbor mow a lawn.

Cow Poke
05-14-2016, 06:20 PM
Ya know, you just reminded me of an older wiser Assembly of God Pastor friend of mine when I was a young minister. I had a woman* come to me for counseling - long story - and I could tell that the level of counseling she needed was far beyond my level of experience and training. She mentioned that she used to go to the Pastor I just referenced, but she lost track of him. I told her I knew how to find him, and my wife and I drove her to his Church, just about 20 minutes away.

He talked to my wife and I first, then talked to her for a few minutes with his own wife, then came back out to me and said, "you know, I have come to believe that sometimes Satan just sends us people to tie up our time and keep us from being about the Father's business".

She had pretty much eaten up our entire day, and wouldn't believe anything we said because she would confer with her cat who told her we were demons. :shrug:

*we called her the Cat Woman :shrug: (She had a cat on a rope)

Meh Gerbil
05-14-2016, 07:06 PM
I'll be honest Cow Poke, my cat told me the same thing about you.
Thanks for the great story.

Juvenal
05-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Avoid these people - the time is better spent helping the neighbor mow a lawn.

Tempting believers with the devil's cookies has never worked for me, but it keeps me out of pool halls, and gives me a good reason to never run out of cookies.

One Bad Pig
05-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Tempting believers with the devil's cookies has never worked for me, but it keeps me out of pool halls, and gives me a good reason to never run out of cookies.
I fed your cookies to the cat.

Littlejoe
05-15-2016, 05:54 PM
I fed your cookies to the cat.

So that's what happened...the cat just barfed on the rug in the lounge...now we know who has to clean it up.

Sparko
05-16-2016, 09:13 AM
She had pretty much eaten up our entire day, and wouldn't believe anything we said because she would confer with her cat who told her we were demons. :shrug:

Well? Don't keep us in suspense. Is it true?

Sparko
05-16-2016, 09:17 AM
I fed your cookies to the cat.You fed darkside cookies to the cat?? Do you know what you've done, man? er pig? Do you???????!!!!!

No wonder the cat told the woman cowpoke was a demon. It was transformerated into a devil cat!! ...That reads the NEW YORK TIMES!!!

rogue06
05-16-2016, 09:42 AM

Cow Poke
05-16-2016, 11:14 AM
Well? Don't keep us in suspense. Is it true?

not any more