PDA

View Full Version : I can see God

Trout
05-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Yesterday morning I was beginning my work day and noticed a small bird had crashed into a large clear window. Upon a closer look I noticed that it wasn't dead but just unconscious.

I gathered him up in my hands and placed him on a tall stump a little out of the view of predators. He was magnificently dressed in ornate pageantry. A lark sparrow in full regalia. He stood steadily on his perch while I found a bottle cap to fill with water and offer him a drink.

I placed the water near his feet and he stared at me intently, probably wondering what kind of bad dream he was caught in.

We shared a bit of a moment. Two creatures haunting a creation obviously broken in some way. I couldn't help but envy my new friend a little, wondering what it would be like to operate perfectly in the will of the Creator. Void of baggage that weighs us down.

I cannot help but see God in His creation. It's the most powerful apologetic imaginable. To witness the miracle of life is truly a window into eternity.

mossrose
05-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Amen, my brother!

Meh Gerbil
05-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Your god is wounded bird (1)?

NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Said the gerbil worshipper.

Meh Gerbil
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM
It's pretty sad when theists have to take out theists on this forum.

Meh Gerbil
05-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Joking aside, I have to admit that nature is a pretty big deal when it comes to proving God.
It's too bad that we've backed away from that argument.

rogue06
05-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Joking aside, I have to admit that nature is a pretty big deal when it comes to proving God.
It's too bad that we've backed away from that argument.
Paul wrote that it provided such strong evidence that people are without excuse for denying Him.

Sparko
05-19-2016, 06:30 AM
I am astounded by life. It is so complex and interconnected. And it just doesn't seem like an accident. And the closer you look, the more complex it becomes. Down at the cellular level it is amazing at how much a single cell has to do and you have trillions of them in your body, all working together. Then you go down to the molecular level and it is even more complex how all of those chemicals and molecules work together, not only to create your cells and your organs, and you, but how they all work together to make you ALIVE. Then when you look at the larger picture of nature, at the stellar and galactic levels, it is even more astounding how our sun and planet work together to provide life what it needs to flourish. And then you look at the beauty and complexity of space and galaxies, and groups of galaxies. How does all that just happen by accident? And every physical law balanced and tuned just so, to allow life, here on Earth? It doesn't. It was planned and it is controlled.

Meh Gerbil
05-19-2016, 06:55 AM
I am astounded by life. It is so complex and interconnected. And it just doesn't seem like an accident. And the closer you look, the more complex it becomes. Down at the cellular level it is amazing at how much a single cell has to do and you have trillions of them in your body, all working together. Then you go down to the molecular level and it is even more complex how all of those chemicals and molecules work together, not only to create your cells and your organs, and you, but how they all work together to make you ALIVE. Then when you look at the larger picture of nature, at the stellar and galactic levels, it is even more astounding how our sun and planet work together to provide life what it needs to flourish. And then you look at the beauty and complexity of space and galaxies, and groups of galaxies. How does all that just happen by accident? And every physical law balanced and tuned just so, to allow life, here on Earth? It doesn't. It was planned and it is controlled.
The big problem with the revelation of God via nature is that it makes it really difficult to raise funds to build stupid monuments.
This is why it was tossed overboard in favor of sola scriptura on one hand and tradition on the other.
It's really easy to twist those two into excellent tools for crowd control.

Allowing a person to explore God via all three is just too dangerous.
If that happens, you know, people listening for the Holy Spirit, why there would be chaos (the Bible calls it 'wind blown') and we'd end up with 10,000 denominations.

Oh wait...