Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tweb Ignore Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweb Ignore Troubleshooting

Why is it that if I have someone on ignore, I can't read their post even if I click on "view post"?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

We are protecting you from yourself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      We are protecting you from yourself.
      But I want to know what they said!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        What definition of "ignore" are you using?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          What definition of "ignore" are you using?
          Ignoring trolls unless you really want to know what stupid thing they said was! I know. It defeats the point of the ignore function. SO WHAT!

Comment

Because we we're getting some weird double post issues happening a while back, Sparko turned off the AJAX function that makes that work
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Ignoring trolls unless you really want to know what stupid thing they said was! I know. It defeats the point of the ignore function. SO WHAT!

Comment

I've found that right-clicking on the "view post" link and opening the link with my browser's private/incognito browsing mode allows me to see ignored posts without taking the person off ignore.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

If you're really desperate, logout and go to the post in question.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Then do not use the Ignore. One does not need to use ingnore to ingnore. By never responding to this post, that is effectively an ignore.
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                      Then do not use the Ignore. One does not need to use ingnore to ingnore. By never responding to this post, that is effectively an ignore.
                      Agreed. I don't use the ignore function, but there are some members who, outside of my mod duties, I will not post a response to.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I am rather like Raphael in terms of ignore. I do not use the ignore function and normally ignore certain posters. But I slip up on occasion and read and/or respond.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          I am rather like Raphael in terms of ignore. I do not use the ignore function and normally ignore certain posters. But I slip up on occasion and read and/or respond.
                          Same here. I've never put anyone on ignore and for me it is essentially allowing them to get under my skin. Still, I understand why others may choose to use it and don't fault them for doing so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Yeah, but I always don't ignore Jed. Never, always.

Comment