Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

My foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My foot

The past two days I've noticed something really weird, and somewhat distressing. This is going to be hard to explain.

I've known for a while that the arches in my feet are all but completely collapsed. I've been wearing an insert that's supposed to help with that, and AFAICT it's alleviated some of the pain from standing for long periods.

But two days ago my left foot spontaneously felt really weird, when I was standing/walking with my shoes off. The only way I can describe it is it feels like the arch bones in my foot are falling to the floor. It doesn't hurt, but it feels really weird and really unnatural. Only in my left foot, only in the past two days, and only when my shoes are off. If I walk/stand with my shoes on, no problem.

Has anyone heard of something like this before? Should I be concerned?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Google says:

Source: http://patient.info/health/flat-feet

If flat feet do cause symptoms these may include:
    •Foot pain:
    •This may be almost anywhere in the foot, depending on which part of the arch is dropping and which tendons are stretched or injured.
    •Pain may involve the whole foot or ankle, or just parts of it.
    •It is typically felt just inside the ankle, on the outer edge of the foot or in the arch itself.
    •The altered placement of the foot on the ground can then lead to pain in the calf, knee, thigh, hip or spine.
    •Over-pronation frequently leads to ankle pain and Achilles tendinopathy.
    •Foot stiffness.
    •Uneven wearing of shoes.
    •The sensation of foot flatness or imbalance (particularly if only one foot is affected).

© Copyright Original Source

and

Source: Ibid

•You should see a doctor to discuss your flat feet if:
    •The arches have dropped recently.
    •You are experiencing pain in your lower limbs.
    •Supportive, well-fitting shoes fail to help your aching feet.
    •Your feet feel stiff of heavy.

© Copyright Original Source

My rule of thumb is always "when in doubt, get it checked out". I'd rather spend money for nothing than not spend money and it turn out to be something.

That said, if it's just flat feet you may already be doing the recommended corrections with your inserts.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I would go see the Doctor on this. Flat feet can cause unnecessart stress on the connective tissue and there are some unusual disorders that can cause collapsed arches. I would just go in in case this isn't hereditary. (btw flat feet run in our family its a Native american trait to have flat fallen arched feet and mine apparently have the most arch and still lay totally against the ground.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, I went. I waited for an hour after the x-ray for the doctor to come back in and say, "I'm sorry, our radiology department must be backed up. But...I don't see anything wrong with your foot."

So she recommended I see a podiatrist...which I'll probably do, but at this point I'm just frustrated. Everything I've gone to the hospital for in the past several years has apparently been such an obscure problem that nobody has a clue what to do about it. Something is wrong with my foot, and just telling me to keep wearing the inserts I already have doesn't help.

Pardon my frustrated rant.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Well, I went. I waited for an hour after the x-ray for the doctor to come back in and say, "I'm sorry, our radiology department must be backed up. But...I don't see anything wrong with your foot."

So she recommended I see a podiatrist...which I'll probably do, but at this point I'm just frustrated. Everything I've gone to the hospital for in the past several years has apparently been such an obscure problem that nobody has a clue what to do about it. Something is wrong with my foot, and just telling me to keep wearing the inserts I already have doesn't help.

Pardon my frustrated rant.
          Trust me, I know that feeling. Sometimes you just have to get it out.

Comment

Go see the podiatrist.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X