Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republican military officers supporting Hillary Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican military officers supporting Hillary Clinton

Source: http://floridapolitics.com/archives/211825-retired-general-officers-urge-support-hillary-clinton-trash-donald-trump

A retired Air Force brigadier general and a retired Navy rear admiral both expressed strong confidence in Democrat Hillary Clinton and condemnation of Republican Donald Trump as possible presidents Tuesday.

Retired Brig. Gen. John Douglass of Cocoa Beach and retired Rear Adm. Gene Kendall of Fernandina Beach aimed their opinions toward Florida voters Tuesday, in a press call organized by Clinton’s presidential campaign. They were joined by Coast Guard veteran Elena McCullough of Pasco County.

The trio spoke fearfully of Trump’s temperament and lack of experience in military and foreign affairs; of his ideas about working with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; and of his motives. They also criticized his handling of veterans’ charities fundraising, accusing him of not making sure veterans’ groups got money he had raised and promised until he came under fire when they weren’t.

“He’s a fraud,” Kendall said. “He’s a danger to national security; I would also add to international security because he’s a loose canon.”

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source: http://floridapolitics.com/archives/211825-retired-general-officers-urge-support-hillary-clinton-trash-donald-trump

A retired Air Force brigadier general and a retired Navy rear admiral both expressed strong confidence in Democrat Hillary Clinton and condemnation of Republican Donald Trump as possible presidents Tuesday.

Retired Brig. Gen. John Douglass of Cocoa Beach and retired Rear Adm. Gene Kendall of Fernandina Beach aimed their opinions toward Florida voters Tuesday, in a press call organized by Clinton’s presidential campaign. They were joined by Coast Guard veteran Elena McCullough of Pasco County.

The trio spoke fearfully of Trump’s temperament and lack of experience in military and foreign affairs; of his ideas about working with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; and of his motives. They also criticized his handling of veterans’ charities fundraising, accusing him of not making sure veterans’ groups got money he had raised and promised until he came under fire when they weren’t.

“He’s a fraud,” Kendall said. “He’s a danger to national security; I would also add to international security because he’s a loose canon.”

It's a good thing these dangerously incompetent officers are retired.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      It's a good thing these dangerously incompetent officers are retired.
      Emotional accusations without foundation.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Is this your new mission, Shuny... some Republicans support Hillary, therefore, she's the right choice?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Emotional accusations without foundation.
          Those Navy officers are racists.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Are these the same military personnel that Hillary paid to protest outside of Trump Tower?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...erans-protest/
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I heard they were forced to retire because they insisted on using the woman's bathrooms.

Comment

Considering the number of retired admirals and generals it is surprising there are only two.

What's more, I saw no mention of their party affiliation in the article so I checked another source and found this:

Source: Retired Florida military veterans call Trump 'a fraud'

Douglass, who ran for Congress as a Democrat in Virginia in 2012, cited Trump's comments about U.S. Sen. John McCain's time as prisoner of war during the Vietnam War.

Source

Oops. So it seems that at least one of these "Republicans" ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012. A quick Google check turned up more at Wikipedia:
                Following his retirement from the Air Force, Douglass served as a foreign policy and science and technology advisor to Senator Sam Nunn and served as lead minority staff member for the Senate Armed Services Committee defense conversion and technology reinvestment programs.

Appointed by President Clinton, Douglass served as Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development and Acquisitions) from November 1995 to August 1998.

Nunn is a Democrat who retired in 1997, when he was "lead minority staff member for the Senate Armed Services Committee" the Democrats were in the minority and the last time I checked Bill Clinton is a Democrat. So it seems that Douglass has been active in the Democrat Party for decades.

As for Elena McCullough of Pasco County she is also active in the Democrat Party as this headline in the Tampa Bay Times clearly attests: Democrat Elena McCullough to challenge Rep. Will Weatherford where we discover that "She was a volunteer for Barack Obama’s presidential campaign and created an organization called Wesley Chapel Community for Change."

And the Democratic Women's Club of Pasco County was "excited" to announce on their Facebook page that Elena McCullough was their guest speaker at their April 16, 2016 meeting.

And on the Pasco County Democratic Executive Committee website you can click a link and watch "Elena McCullough walk on stage with other Veterans."

So another one of Shunya's Republicans is very active in the Democrat Party

I cannot find anything about the political affiliation of Gene Kendall but he is black so it is possible that he belongs to the 10% of blacks who vote for Republicans (many of those in that group do have military back grounds).

I did, however, find out from Time magazine that the Clinton campaign organized this event.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

actually Shuny lied in his thread title. Nothing in the linked article
                  http://floridapolitics.com/archives/...h-donald-trump

says they were republicans at all.

Shame on you Shuny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Shame on you Shuny.
                    Shuny lied? Say it ain't so Joe!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Shuny lied? Say it ain't so Joe!
                      unless his reading skills are so bad he read "retired" as "republican"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Shame on you Shuny.
                        I pointed that out in the post above yours as well as noting that two of three have even run for office as Democrats.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Maybe shuny thinks that everybody involved in the military must be Republican/conservative.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Or is shiny cleverly implying that there's little to distinguish Republicans and Democrats these days?

Nah, he doesn't have the intelligence to pull off that kind of nuance
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think a more interesting subject would be why most republican military officers don't support her. Since war is obviously good for military (mainly because it justifies a bigger budget), do you believe she would be more or less a warmonger than Trump, and why?

Comment