Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Friend gave me a android tablet need help figuring it out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend gave me a android tablet need help figuring it out.

I tried installing the Kindle and Nook Apps through google play(using the google account I have) and while google play says it they have been installed I do not find either of them in the list of apps on my tablet. I do notice when i check the installation. everything on the google site indicates that my tablet is compatible with the 2 apps and since it shows to have been installed it won't let me install it again. I do see when I click on the install button on the google site first no eligible devices and then under that this message no carrier softwinner 732tpc and that the apps are already installed on it. but cna't find them on my tablet at all. the tablet in questions it the iView suprapad 732tpc

what did I do wrong if anything? and who do I talk to googleplay, iView, or android? or can someone help me fix it.

First pick up the tablet with both hands, along the edges, being careful not to touch the screen.
    Then, slowly walk into the kitchen and place it carefully in the trash can.
    Go to the store and buy an iPad or windows tablet.

Comment

Wow, I never had that kind of problem.

Did you check the version of Andriod?
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        First pick up the tablet with both hands, along the edges, being careful not to touch the screen.
        NEVER buy an iPad...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          I tried installing the Kindle and Nook Apps through google play(using the google account I have) and while google play says it they have been installed I do not find either of them in the list of apps on my tablet. I do notice when i check the installation. everything on the google site indicates that my tablet is compatible with the 2 apps and since it shows to have been installed it won't let me install it again. I do see when I click on the install button on the google site first no eligible devices and then under that this message no carrier softwinner 732tpc and that the apps are already installed on it. but cna't find them on my tablet at all. the tablet in questions it the iView suprapad 732tpc

what did I do wrong if anything? and who do I talk to googleplay, iView, or android? or can someone help me fix it.
          Contact iView http://www.iviewus.com/index.php/contacts
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

don't need to it works now got kindle on my tablet. google customer service rocks.

btw this was free so was not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Wow, I never had that kind of problem.

Did you check the version of Andriod?
              yes 4.4.4 google CS suggested I click on the google play store app in the setting and clear the cache and data and redownload and install from the tablet itself and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                didn't need to Google Customer service fixed the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  NEVER buy an iPad...
                  I have had an android tablet, an ipad, and a windows surface pro 4.

The android was crap. slow as molasses, never able to update it. That is the problem with Android. Every brand has their own version of the android OS, and they never update it more than a few times on each device to force you to upgrade the device over and over.

Ipad was OK, but it was just like a giant iphone without the phone part.

The windows surface pro 4 is great. Runs full windows, works like both a laptop and a tablet. Has lots of ram and cpu power. But it is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    didn't need to Google Customer service fixed the problem
                    rtt, you really need to start using punctuation. Your posts are nearly impossible to parse sometimes.

Comment

I can recall only two occasions where I had problems with upgrades on my Android.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        I can recall only two occasions where I had problems with upgrades on my Android.
                        There are no upgrades, so no problem. I had an Asus Transformer that came with Android 3.1, I got one update to 3.3 (I think), then when Android 4 came out a year later, no updates. ZIP. If I wanted Android 4 I would have to buy an android 4 tablet. Same with android phones. Android might come out with a new version, but it won't work on your android phone unless it is customized for your phone. If you try to install the android generic version, it won't install. Contrast that with the iPad 2 I had. It came with, I think, OS 4, and it is still able to update to the latest OS 9 version. Same with windows. I have a windows laptop that came with windows Vista, I just upgraded it to windows 10 with no problems.

Android is a rip off.

Comment

There are no upgrades, so no problem. I had an Asus Transformer that came with Android 3.1, I got one update to 3.3 (I think), then when Android 4 came out a year later, no updates. ZIP. If I wanted Android 4 I would have to buy an android 4 tablet. Same with android phones. Android might come out with a new version, but it won't work on your android phone unless it is customized for your phone. If you try to install the android generic version, it won't install. Contrast that with the iPad 2 I had. It came with, I think, OS 4, and it is still able to update to the latest OS 9 version. Same with windows. I have a windows laptop that came with windows Vista, I just upgraded it to windows 10 with no problems.

Android is a rip off.
                          Ah, I see.

Comment

Android is a rip off.
                            this was one my friend got for free so not out any money and it is just what I need something to read e books from

Comment