Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Alligator Pulls Child Into Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alligator Pulls Child Into Water

Pray this isn't so! If so, of course the family and everybody involved will need all the prayers we can offer!

http://abc7.com/news/gator-pulls-chi...s-say/1386138/
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I saw this. If it happened it was a freak accident. Alligators are large ambush predators and no matter what this was not preventable.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They're having a live broadcast on this.

Comment

child hasn't been found yet.

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/REP...383062121.html

Comment

I visited the place this happened, not long ago. There are signs posted warning against swimming. The water is dark and you'd never see a gator until it was right on top of you. This is one of the hazards of living here in Florida, and sadly, this family from Nebraska was not prepared for it.

Comment

Comment

I read that about the signs. I've seen the gators in a visit in the Everglades and I know what you mean about the water. But I wondered about the beaches in a resort...surely they couldn't be that murky...but I guess so.

Comment

I know, you'd think not. But the lakes here in Central FL are always murky once you get out into water more than a couple of inches deep. I think it may be because the bottom is dark, or because there's so much microscopic debris in the water. Technically the "beach" at this place is just a strip of sand a few feet wide, probably sand they imported from somewhere else; at least, it didn't look natural to me when I went for my visit.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                  I visited the place this happened, not long ago. There are signs posted warning against swimming. The water is dark and you'd never see a gator until it was right on top of you. This is one of the hazards of living here in Florida, and sadly, this family from Nebraska was not prepared for it.
                  Do they warn about the presence of gators? I mean who would expect to come across one in an artificial lake in the middle of Disneyland where everything is so closely monitored and controlled.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't recall the sign mentioning gators. I do believe (but don't know, I obviously never stay in any of these tourist traps) that they hand out brochures which warn about gators as well as snakes.

Beyond that, the lake doesn't LOOK artificial. They've done a pretty good job of making it look natural; leastways you'd have to be a longtime resident here to see any difference. The artificial beach is the only apparent clue, and a tourist might not get that.

Comment

I don't recall the sign mentioning gators. I do believe (but don't know, I obviously never stay in any of these tourist traps) that they hand out brochures which warn about gators as well as snakes.

Beyond that, the lake doesn't LOOK artificial. They've done a pretty good job of making it look natural; leastways you'd have to be a longtime resident here to see any difference. The artificial beach is the only apparent clue, and a tourist might not get that.
                      FWIU lakes in central Florida are not safe to swim in even if they managed to keep gators out. There is, as you mentioned, the snake issue (much harder to control) as well as being mosquito breeding grounds and since many are like retention ponds and are very polluted with things like bird feces (lots of migrating birds come through) and even less savory things.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You understand correctly. They're especially bad in warm weather when brain-eating bacteria are active. No one with any sense here swims in the lakes. You either go to one of the springs, or to the ocean (take a chance with sharks and rip currents instead) or you find a public pool. (Some people will water-ski or jet-ski in the lakes, I'd consider even that risky.)

This message has been brought to you by the Florida Tourism Council, home of Governor Lex Luthor, who serves as a first hand warning about the dangers of brain-eating bacteria.

58c6140da51b4ce5472195f1747588c829156045.jpeg

Comment

You understand correctly. They're especially bad in warm weather when brain-eating bacteria are active. No one with any sense here swims in the lakes. You either go to one of the springs, or to the ocean (take a chance with sharks and rip currents instead) or you find a public pool. (Some people will water-ski or jet-ski in the lakes, I'd consider even that risky.)

This message has been brought to you by the Florida Tourism Council, home of Governor Lex Luthor, who serves as a first hand warning about the dangers of brain-eating bacteria.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16393[/ATTACH]
                          I thought it was a brain eating protist. And why aren't there any reporters writing about how scummy corrupt politicians are? Are good reporters a fictitious species? And is the search for the poor kid's remains? Because it would take a miracle for the child to be recovered alive. Or would it?
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

CBW, they are indeed now in recovery mode. That was confirmed in the conference this morning I believe.

As for the governer, I don't know the answer. We have enough problems here with Brown.

Comment

There is a report they have recovered A body. No confirmation that it is the child.

Comment