Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Istanbul airport explosions: 28 dead, 60 injured, Turkish official says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Istanbul airport explosions: 28 dead, 60 injured, Turkish official says

Here we go again....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/28/europe...cks/index.html
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wanna bet it was a bunch of nuns who were responsible?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Please, no more of that "Nude Nuns with Big Guns" movie!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        No, I'm betting on Buddhists...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Please, no more of that "Nude Nuns with Big Guns" movie!
          But they just finished making the sequel "Nude Nuns with Big Guns: Making It A Habit"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Various reports now have the death toll now at 50.
            http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/...port-in-turkey

A Police office tackled one of the suicide bombers right before he detonated his vest.
            http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/...r-before-blast

Source: stuff.co.nz

A police officer tackled a suicide bomber to the ground at Istanbul's international airport before the attacker detonated his vest, almost certainly killing both of them, says a witness who was trying to flee.

Turkish authorities confirmed at least 36 people were killed when three explosions hit Istanbul Ataturk Airport, a major transport hub in the region for international travellers, on Tuesday night, local time.

Witnesses also reported hearing gunshots, while the city's governor said three suicide bombers carried out the attack.

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Oh my Lord.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

As bad as this is, I don't think ISIS will last much longer. Where "normal" terrorists aim their attacks at western countries, like America, ISIS aims their attacks at their own people, turning EVERYONE against them. They are beyond terrorists, they are insane street thugs destroying their own territories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  As bad as this is, I don't think ISIS will last much longer. Where "normal" terrorists aim their attacks at western countries, like America, ISIS aims their attacks at their own people, turning EVERYONE against them. They are beyond terrorists, they are insane street thugs destroying their own territories.
                  Actually, they are little different than other terrorists. Egypt has been dealing with (non-ISIS) terrorism in the Sinai peninsula, the Palestinians tried it against Jordan before Jordan kicked them out, and Sunni-Shiite terrorism was occurring in Iraq circa 2007, at least, and the Kurds have been using terrorism in Turkey for decades. That's just off the top of my head.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Actually, they are little different than other terrorists. Egypt has been dealing with (non-ISIS) terrorism in the Sinai peninsula, the Palestinians tried it against Jordan before Jordan kicked them out, and Sunni-Shiite terrorism was occurring in Iraq circa 2007, at least, and the Kurds have been using terrorism in Turkey for decades. That's just off the top of my head.
                    But ISIS is attacking everyone in every islamic country. They are completely insane bullies.

Comment

But ISIS is attacking everyone in every islamic country. They are completely insane bullies.
                      They're a bigger group, so they have more reach.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's like the islamic zombie apocalypse. They keep killing everything in their path except those they turn to their cause. Hmmm, pretty much like Mohammad did when he started Islam. Maybe they are taking their cue from their Prophet's history.

Comment

What I don't get is why they don't attack more often, especially the west, if their attacks are just random attacks.

Comment

Sounds like early Islam after Mohammed's death. The "Wars of Apostasy" weren't pretty.

Comment