Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Those !$!^&@ Atheists!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those !$!^&@ Atheists!

We're having Vacation Bible School this week.

One of the ladies in our Church took off a week from work to be a helper, and she had her 3 grandchildren from Dallas come spend the week with her, so they could attend.

They were all at VBS on Monday, and things were going GREAT.

Then Deloris called me, sobbing, telling me she can't come back. Her son-in-law, an atheist, has decided he doesn't want his kids in VBS, and threatened, "if you take them there again, I'll come get them, and you'll never see them again!"

Previously, Deloris had mailed her grandchildren "prayer letters", and her son-in-law pitched a fit and told her that needed to stop.
    She bought them a series of Christian Children's books, but he threw them back at her and said, "not unless you get her books from all the other religions in the world".

Deloris is heartbroken - not only because her own grandchildren are not allowed to have any Christian influence, but because she can't help the rest of this week in VBS.

Her daughter was supposedly a Christian, but seems to be of no help in this at all. She seems ok with her husband's atheist rants.

Please pray for Deloris, and the three precious grandchildren.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

How hard for her!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There's hope for him...he got angry because the message is getting through and he's pushing it away.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

That's awful. Those dear little ones willing to respond to the Gospel, while it's being kept from them. I personally have a very deep anger towards anyone who hinders the Gospel message, and can only think of Jesus' warning in the Gospel accounts: "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matthew 18:6; Mark 9:42; Luke 17:2)

I'll try to remember to keep this in my prayers -- not just that the grandkids come to a saving faith, but that the son-in-law has a Nebuchadnezzer experience (Daniel 4:28-37).
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Why can't we go to VBS like other kids, Daddy?

Because Daddy's scared you might find out God is real.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, Deloris is doing the Bible lessons at home with her grandchildren. My secretary (Mission Coordinator) gives here the material each day that we're covering in Bible School.

We're making sure to stay in contact with her, and encourage her. She's doing great!

Her son-in-law didn't say she couldn't have HOME VBS! Just that she couldn't TAKE them to VBS!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I feel sorry for the guy's wife too.

Comment

She just stopped by for her "fix"

She was talking to some of the ladies, they were loading her up with the craft supplies for today, and I just walked up and hugged her --- yup, that turned on the waterworks!
                            She said "I feel your prayers, and it's going so good at home!"

I told her others were praying for her, too!

She told us that her 9 year old daughter had a big fight with her dad last night on the phone, telling him it was silly for him to fight against God, because "He's Alive and He's REAL!"

Imagine a grown man fighting with his own daughter demanding that there is no God.

Comment

Amen. Very good news.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Imagine a grown man fighting with his own daughter demanding that there is no God.
                              Likewise, how awful that a very young child has to defend her faith in the Lord to her own stubborn father.
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment