Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama admin: Dropoff in Obamacare enrollment since January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama admin: Dropoff in Obamacare enrollment since January

Highlights...

11.1 million people were enrolled at the end of March

This is down from 12.7 million who signed up by the January deadline

Some people lost coverage because they didn’t pay premiums

The number of people enrolled in coverage through President Barack Obama’s health care law this year decreased to 11.1 million by the end of March, down from 12.7 million by the January deadline.

The Obama administration released new enrollment numbers Thursday that showed the number of people who signed up by January 31 exceeded those who were covered in the spring. A dropoff in enrollment has happened before, and is partially caused by people who sign up for coverage by the deadline but then lose it because they do not pay their premiums.

People have also lost coverage because of issues due to citizenship or immigration paperwork.

According to the Obama administration, around 20 million previously uninsured people have gained coverage through Obamacare. More people have obtained coverage in marketplaces as well as through Medicaid expansion. Around 10 million people are expected to remain enrolled in Obamacare plans by the end of 2016.

Source: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I have mixed feelings about the ACA. Our family does benefit from it and its almost like a necessary evil since we have certain health issues that require care. Well that is until the Postal Service benefits kick in for my husband, then we can use the better benefits from them. I am however dissappointed in the overall lies I mean promises I mean politician speak of the bill and while certainly the idea of the current structure was really great in theory, in practice its just not working. Rather than repeal, it needs fixing. But I digress.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment