Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Fire Ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Ants

I have had it up to here (eyeballs) with them. They recently decided to appear in my part of Missour-ee (no its not uh) and I didn't realize how many there were in my yard until I went outside and they got in my leggings. I rushed to the spigot which helped but I have multiple stings on my legs and HUGE welts that itch like the dickens. PLEASE tell me what to do to get rid of them...... And unlike in other places these suckers don't just build hills they tunnel out of the ground..... Other than buying several Echidnas, Armadillo's or importing Northern Anteaters as pets...tell me how to get rid of these suckers.....
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

My best success has been with Amdro.

When I mow, I keep a stack of small "hunter orange" game disks with me (kinda like frisbees (gee, I miss Freezbee )) and I drop one near a fire ant mound when I come across one.

Then, after I mow, I walk the property with a container of Amdro, sprinkling some on each mound or where I see fire ants congregating. I have to stay on top of this, but when I do, it pretty well controls them.

Until we have a good soaking rain, and they'll pop up everywhere!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But, if you can't beat 'em, CELEBRATE 'em!!!!

http://www.fireantfestival.com/
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Found this on GOOGLE:

http://www.ortho.com/smg/brands/Orth...008-34800009-t
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Yeah, I've used Ortho - I seem to have better results with Amdro.

Comment

Well, I couldn't get a good pesticide but I remembered I had a FULL bottle of Boric Acid around the house, o what did I do? I went around the house, and Whereever Ants were eating dead bugs and or I killed a June bug or two (we have more than enough) I put boric acid on the june bugs as bate and carefully laid them around the ant hills porch, concrete, trees, wherever I can find them congregating. So, the ants are busy carrying of their dead and there are distinct ant trails going through the powder.... and Fewer Ants. I saw them carry off a queen and eat her so one anthill down, more to go but boric acid and june bugs is a start to say the least.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X