Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI Says Hillary Too Incompetent To Be POTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Says Hillary Too Incompetent To Be POTUS

OK, so that's not what they said, but... sheesh!!!!!

Source: Politico

Even so, Comey added later, “Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before deciding whether to bring charges."

Of the 30,000 emails Clinton turned over to the State Department in 2014, Comey announced that 110 emails in 52 separate chains had been determined to contain classified information “at the time they were sent or received.” Of those, he continued, eight included “Top Secret” information, while 36 chains had “Secret” information at the time it was received, while eight contained “Confidential” information, the lowest level of classification. In addition to those, another 2,000 were “up-classified” to make them “Confidential” after they had already been sent.

Comey peppered his remarks with an array of judgmental language directed at Clinton and State Department employees, remarking that in general and particularly with respect to its unclassified email systems, the department was “generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government.”

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, so that's not what they said, but... sheesh!!!!!

Source: Politico

Even so, Comey added later, “Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before deciding whether to bring charges."

Of the 30,000 emails Clinton turned over to the State Department in 2014, Comey announced that 110 emails in 52 separate chains had been determined to contain classified information “at the time they were sent or received.” Of those, he continued, eight included “Top Secret” information, while 36 chains had “Secret” information at the time it was received, while eight contained “Confidential” information, the lowest level of classification. In addition to those, another 2,000 were “up-classified” to make them “Confidential” after they had already been sent.

Comey peppered his remarks with an array of judgmental language directed at Clinton and State Department employees, remarking that in general and particularly with respect to its unclassified email systems, the department was “generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government.”

© Copyright Original Source

Of course she is incompetent, just look at the mess she made at State. This just confirms it...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

13557822_10206776788679325_9140506087959059666_n.jpg
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This actually COULD work in Trump's favor, if he doesn't blow it.

It is clear she really screwed up, but "gets a pass" because she's so "establishment" in an anti-establishment election cycle.

HOWEVER, Republicans seem very adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and it wouldn't surprise me if Trump followed suit.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Another take:

There is no way of getting around this: According to Director James Comey (disclosure: a former colleague and longtime friend of mine), Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust.

Director Comey even conceded that former Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless” and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services. Yet, Director Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States. In essence, in order to give Mrs. Clinton a pass, the FBI rewrote the statute, inserting an intent element that Congress did not require. The added intent element, moreover, makes no sense: The point of having a statute that criminalizes gross negligence is to underscore that government officials have a special obligation to safeguard national defense secrets; when they fail to carry out that obligation due to gross negligence, they are guilty of serious wrongdoing. The lack of intent to harm our country is irrelevant. People never intend the bad things that happen due to gross negligence.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...t-hillary-hook

Comment

Isn't Hillary pretty much a shoo-in for president at this point? I thought she was pretty high up in the polls compared to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              Isn't Hillary pretty much a shoo-in for president at this point? I thought she was pretty high up in the polls compared to Trump.
              Some polls have her with a nine point lead, others as low as two points. It is still a horse race.

Comment

It is clear she really screwed up, but "gets a pass" because she's so "establishment" in an anti-establishment election cycle.

HOWEVER, Republicans seem very adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and it wouldn't surprise me if Trump followed suit.
                Nah, ain't nothing going to stop this woman from getting to the white house. A nuclear freaking holocaust wouldn't stop her at this point.

Comment

If the Republicans had nominated someone competent, Hillary might have actually been in trouble.
                  Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

The FBI is not reccomending an indictment http://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-won-...use-1467731774

There its been said.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      The FBI is not reccomending an indictment http://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-won-...use-1467731774

There its been said.
                      We knew that.

Comment

So, the FBI director went through the laundry list of things Clinton did, some of which were more grievous than anybody was claiming, then went on to prove that there are two sets of rules.....

One set for the elitists, and another set for everybody else. Hillary is special, so no prosecution will be considered.

Comment

Depends on the poll. Some show Hillary leading. Others show Trump leading. Most show them neck in neck.

My gut tells me that this whole "investigation" was a sham from the beginning with the sole intent of getting this scandal off the table before the convention so that the MSM can pretend it's "old news" during their coverage of the general. But Trump still has plenty of dirt to bury Hillary with, if he plays it smart. The only people who aren't convinced that Hillary is guilty are the low-information morons who would vote for Hillary even if she strangled a puppy and kicked an orphan on live television.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Pretty much what I thought when I heard the news. If Trump hammers on this as being "business as usual" for a political insider -- folks who never seem to get fired or demoted much less prosecuted for malfeasance or incompetence -- this could indeed play well this election cycle.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One has her up by 10, a couple have her up by about 5 and at least one has her up by 1 or 2 points. And these were taken after Trump had a couple of bad weeks and Hillary's scandals were on a back burner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment