Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attorneys Intend to Ask for 'the Clinton Deal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorneys Intend to Ask for 'the Clinton Deal'

Attorneys Intend to Ask for 'the Clinton Deal'

Source: USNews

Attorneys for people who allegedly mishandled classified information say the outcome of the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton could be good news for their clients.

Though many see a double standard in FBI Director James Comey’s decision not to recommend charges against the former secretary of state who used a personal and unsecured email system for official business, others see possibilities.

Mark Zaid, a defense attorney for national security whistleblowers and people accused of mishandling secrets, says he plans to ask for “the Clinton deal” in the future.

And Zaid says he probably can get it.

In 2015, shortly after former CIA Director David Petraeus received a plea deal featuring probation and a fine for sharing highly classified information with his mistress Paula Broadwell, Zaid says he called the Justice Department on behalf of a client accused of taking classified records home.

“We absolutely got on the phone to the prosecutor and said, ‘We want the Petraeus sentence. We want the commensurate, parallel sentence.’ And we got it!” he says, winning a $5,000 fine and a short probation term instead of possible prison for a now-retired intelligence agency employee.

Zaid says if that case still were still pending, he probably could have gotten the client, who he refused to name and asked not be identified, the same deal as Clinton, as their “carelessness,” a term used by Comey to describe Clinton’s email practices, was similar.

“In some ways, [the Clinton and Petraeus cases] now create a glass ceiling and a glass floor,” Zaid says. “By Comey’s wording [about Clinton], now we have a floor as to what constitutes intent that deserves prosecution.”

© Copyright Original Source

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...e-clinton-deal
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Just like they tried asking for the "Tom Daschle/Tim Geithner/Charlie Rangel deal" with folks who didn't pay their taxes. Only insider politicians get these sort of deals.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You tried to report my post, didn't you?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        You tried to report my post, didn't you?
        Nope. At least, not THIS time!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wow.... And I'd want THIS deal, too....

Hillary Clinton was not put under oath and there is no transcript of her interview with the FBI, Director James Comey told Congress on Thursday.

Mr. Comey said it’s still a crime if she lied to his agents — though he said he doesn’t believe that happened.

But, we'll never know, because no transcripts exist...

Republicans have called for the FBI’s interview with Mrs. Clinton to be released so her public defense of her secret email system can be stacked up with what she told agents. But Mr. Comey said no transcript exists.

Meanwhile, while clearly acknowledging that her home brewed server had less security than Gmail, etc....

Testifying to the House Oversight Committee, Mr. Comey revealed other new details both about Mrs. Clinton’s secret email account, and about the parameters of his bureau’s investigation into it.

He indicated they did see evidence that foreign governments tried to gain access to Mrs. Clinton’s server, though it’s impossible to know whether they succeeded. He said they didn’t find definitive evidence one way or the other.

So... they know that foreign governments tried to gain access.... yet he pretends to doubt they were successful!

Comment

Is this, like, a pattern for her?

I remember something about the Rose Law firm from years ago, and wasn't she under investigation for something then?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I remember something about the Rise Law firm from years ago, and wasn't she under investigation for something then?
              Rose Law Firm, yes. And Whitewater

Comment

This is how I remember.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This is how I remember.

Yes, that was a classic!

Comment

Snowden, Libby, Patraeus should all ask to be exonerated now.

Comment

I remember something about the Rose Law firm from years ago, and wasn't she under investigation for something then?
                      She was also booted from the team investigating Watergate because her boss didn't think she was ethical or trustworthy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/25...ob-former-boss
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        She was also booted from the team investigating Watergate because her boss didn't think she was ethical or trustworthy.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/25...ob-former-boss

From that article.....

Dan Calabrese’s new column on Hillary Clinton’s past may bring the curtain down on her political future.

Sorry....... it's just that... there are completely different rules for BillnHill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Wow.... And I'd want THIS deal, too....

Hillary Clinton was not put under oath and there is no transcript of her interview with the FBI, Director James Comey told Congress on Thursday.

Mr. Comey said it’s still a crime if she lied to his agents — though he said he doesn’t believe that happened.

But, we'll never know, because no transcripts exist...
                          Not necessarily. Folks have been prosecuted for lying to the FBI during an interview or less formal questioning in which they aren't under oath and even notes weren't taken. They just use their memory of the conversation and to date the courts have ruled that this is sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Not necessarily. Folks have been prosecuted for lying to the FBI during an interview or less formal questioning in which they aren't under oath and even notes weren't taken. They just use their memory of the conversation and to date the courts have ruled that this is sufficient.
                            But I bet none of those people were Clintons.

Comment

Would be great if Snowden could return to the US because of this.

Comment