Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Freddie Gray Verdict...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Freddie Gray Verdict...

This was nothing more than a witch hunt against Cops.

BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams has ruled that Lt. Brian Rice, the highest-ranking Baltimore City Police officer facing charges in connection to the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, is not guilty of all the charges he faced — involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/0...-in-gray-case/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I think it's pretty clear that the overzealous prosecutor, in her racist zeal to be a hero to a movement, really overshot the runway.

prosecutor.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I think it's pretty clear that the overzealous prosecutor, in her racist zeal to be a hero to a movement, really overshot the runway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17137[/ATTACH]
      Yep...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The name calling does not resolve the problem. It is interesting that Freddie Gray never violated any law when arrested, and the violence he experienced that resulted in his death, like many cases, goes without accountability of the police officers involved.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          The name calling does not resolve the problem. It is interesting that Freddie Gray never violated any law when arrested, and the violence he experienced that resulted in his death, like many cases, goes without accountability of the police officers involved.
          That is just stupid, the cops were not guilty - period. Gray was a known criminal with a long record, and ran when the Cops came into view, and he was arrested for carrying an illegal knife. There is zero evidence that the Police did any thing wrong or illegal. And remember they were acquitted by a black judge. You are just biased Shuny.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            That is just stupid, the cops were not guilty - period. Gray was a known criminal with a long record, and ran when the Cops came into view, and he was arrested for carrying an illegal knife. There is zero evidence that the Police did any thing wrong or illegal. And remember they were acquitted by a black judge.
            Well, there is some evidence that they were careless, which could result in disciplinary action. So one or more may have done something wrong. But not illegal.
            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              That is just stupid, the cops were not guilty - period. Gray was a known criminal with a long record, and ran when the Cops came into view, and he was arrested for carrying an illegal knife. There is zero evidence that the Police did any thing wrong or illegal. And remember they were acquitted by a black judge. You are just biased Shuny.

The knife was not illegal.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                Well, there is some evidence that they were careless, which could result in disciplinary action. So one or more may have done something wrong. But not illegal.
                Actually, not really. The seat belt thing which was the focus in this last case was not widely in effect at that time. Lt. Rice for instance did not know about it.

Comment

That is what is disputed, the cops say it was. And there is still NO evidence that they did anything illegal or acted recklessly. But the facts don't matter to cop haters like you.

Comment

Actually while the knife may have been legal under Maryland law the city of Baltimore has much stricter restrictions. FWICT spring-assisted, one-hand operated knives like the one that Gray was possessing are illegal in that city.

Moreover, whether or not the knife was actually of a type allowed is basically irrelevant when it comes to probable cause. This is because probable cause is based on whether the police could have legitimately believed that the knife was unlawful. If it were later determined to be legal it would be relevant in making a determination on whether to prosecute but in no way does it somehow make the officer’s conduct at the time of making the initial arrest unlawful.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 07-19-2016, 01:02 PM. Reason: Linked to wrong post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                      Had the prosecutor gone with lesser charges, she may well have gotten some to stick - but she didn't.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Had the prosecutor gone with lesser charges, she may well have gotten some to stick - but she didn't.
                        And, had she done some simple due diligence -- like viewing the traffic cams -- she would have see that the "rough ride" theory was going to blow up in her face. Incredibly incompetent.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment