Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Otters are scarier than I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otters are scarier than I thought

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-an-alligator/
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I'm guessing the gator forgot something: never otter mess with the youngins.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Otters and weasels and badgers, oh my!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When you're cousins with mongoose' (geese? ) and wolverines you're bound to have a little gumption in you.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I used to know some zoo employees. They generally refused to enter the otter habitat when it's occupied, but didn't have any problem getting in there with bears or cougars.

Apparently, otters are sometimes playful...but they can also be aggressive. Because of their extreme bit pressure, the zookeepers were fearful of loosing toes/fingers. True story.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
            I used to know some zoo employees. They generally refused to enter the otter habitat when it's occupied, but didn't have any problem getting in there with bears or cougars.

Apparently, otters are sometimes playful...but they can also be aggressive. Because of their extreme bit pressure, the zookeepers were fearful of loosing toes/fingers. True story.
            I believe it. Not sure I'd ever want to work at a zoo....
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I believe it. Not sure I'd ever want to work at a zoo....
              I once had a girlfriend who worked at the zoo here in Atlanta. I figured it was good first-hand experience for dealing with me.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I once had a girlfriend who worked at the zoo here in Atlanta. I figured it was good first-hand experience for dealing with me.
                Rogue needs some lessons so he can get a wife. Either that or he needs to plan to stay single and frightening.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My husband worked at a zoo once. He has never mentioned the otters. I must ask him. He never had issues with the elephant, or the lion, but a monkey bit him and mr mossy got quite ill from that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Monkey bite? Ouch! While travelling last year I was in some places where lots of monkeys congregated. Before that I hadn't realized how aggressive they can be. The locals really kept their distance.
                    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                      Monkey bite? Ouch! While travelling last year I was in some places where lots of monkeys congregated. Before that I hadn't realized how aggressive they can be. The locals really kept their distance.
                      Yes, he was quite ill.

No otters that he recalls at the zoo he worked at. He was surprised when I showed him the pictures in this thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Rogue needs some lessons so he can get a wife. Either that or he needs to plan to stay single and frightening.
                        One of my goals in life: single and frightening

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X