Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I feel like this is important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like this is important

This was on my sister's facebook, mind you she and I are relatively conservative and are both registered republican's as are our parents. But we can't vote for Trump because of things like this.

http://atlantajewishtimes.com/2016/0...aunts-threats/

My other issue with Trump is that he pretends not to notice or care and plays on people's fears. This country was founded on immigrants of all kinds. Not whites and a few good Indian engineers. People came to this country for their freedom. And why would we elect someone who finds only whites to be superior?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Death by a thousand cuts

Comment

That's bizarre.

I'm most likely going to either write in my own name or just abstain from voting, because I'm not satisfied to vote for the slightly less smelly pile of poo. But I honestly don't know what about Trump or his message would attract bigoted sociopaths.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        This was on my sister's facebook, mind you she and I are relatively conservative and are both registered republican's as are our parents. But we can't vote for Trump because of things like this.

http://atlantajewishtimes.com/2016/0...aunts-threats/

My other issue with Trump is that he pretends not to notice or care and plays on people's fears. This country was founded on immigrants of all kinds. Not whites and a few good Indian engineers. People came to this country for their freedom. And why would we elect someone who finds only whites to be superior?
        The religious right is tied to Trump (yes I know that the traditional coalition which forms the religious right is split), many which provided the widespread support for the religious right formed an important base of support for Trump. Now the religious right is associated with these other ideas which are antithetical to the faith. I wonder if the movement was at root the prioritization of the faith or the prioritization of populist ideas in politics.

Trump's pandering is successful. He is now classified by many as Christian and/or born again, complete with photo opportunities of laying on of hands. Perhaps we have squandered the hard earned place in politics, a decade ago when Bush nominated Harriet Miers for Supreme Court, the backlash from leaders of the religious right was an expression of resolve not to be excluded from the decision making process. The very points emphasized by James Dobson et al are completely forgotten today.

Comment

If this is the same thing I read about earlier, the star was a Sheriff's star shape, not the "star of David" which in context doesn't even make any sense.

If you want to not vote for Trump, that is fine, but people need to stop "trumping" up false charges in an attempt to make him into some sort of Nazi.

Comment

Two words - Supreme Court.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If this is the same thing I read about earlier, the star was a Sheriff's star shape, not the "star of David" which in context doesn't even make any sense.

If you want to not vote for Trump, that is fine, but people need to stop "trumping" up false charges in an attempt to make him into some sort of Nazi.

From catholicity's link:

But even with all that leniency, any decent politician, or person, would’ve apologized after receiving the backlash that the message was akin to Nazi propaganda. Trump could’ve even gotten away a fake, halfhearted apology like “I’m sorry if your feelings were hurt.”

But he offered nothing.
              Apology for hurt feelings??!
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                I always thought the "I’m sorry if your feelings were hurt” apology was a non-apology anyway. It, in essence, says, "I still think I'm right, and you're overly sensitive".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post

From catholicity's link:

It's because liberals are all about shaming. They want to shame everyone into capitulating and apologizing for any perceived wrong. Even if the perception was wrong in the first place. They never apologize for perceiving it wrong, do they? It's a power play.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

As far as I am concerned it was a star of David as to the original anti-Semitic source. If it was intended to be a sheriff's badge than the appropriate ornamentation of s sheriff's badge would be present to make the distinction. No such ornamentation was present.

Actually I do not consider Trump 'some sort of Nazi' nor anti-Semitic. I believe like other not so subtle statements and slips such as this are to appeal to the extreme right, and engender their support. These voters often do not vote in elections except for candidates like David Duke and Donald Trump.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-08-2016, 09:55 AM.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      As far as I am concerned it was a star of David as to the original anti-Semitic source. If it was intended to be a sheriff's badge than the appropriate ornamentation of s sheriff's badge would be present to make the distinction. No such ornamentation was present.
                      Yeah, those hateful bigoted anti-Semitic people at Disney outta be locked in the deep freeze!

frozen.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, those hateful bigoted anti-Semitic people at Disney outta be locked in the deep freeze!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17722[/ATTACH]
                        The source of the illustration and the context was not Disney, but it is the anti-Semitic nature of the picture. Disney in using this symbol made no such inference of such a context.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Okay to be fair, from how I see all this stuff, yes Trump has been using, also stirring up white racial feeling! (but not necessarily same as white supremacism)

Takes two to clap! Democrats stir up black racial feeling for very very long for politics (obvious newest example is BLM), and white racial feeling partly response to this!! Libs don't like it when people on right, stop think and see, 'hey!! playing on race work for libs!!! what if we try too??'

Action has reaction
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17722[/ATTACH]
                            yeah!!

How does accusing Hillary of being a crook and it being a "star of David" even make any sense? Hillary is not a Jew. It is a total non-sequitur. Even if it were a star of David, how would it be anti-semitic? Is it anti-semitic to use the star of David at all? Does that mean if someone uses a cross shape they are automatically anti-Christian? Total nonsense.

It was just a star shape from Microsoft offices shapes collection. Here it is in office:
                            stars.jpg

Comment

As far as I am concerned it was a star of David...
                              As far as I'm concerned, you're an idiot. This whole story is a textbook example of manufactured controversy.

Disney in using this symbol made no such inference of such a context.
                              Neither did Trump's campaign.

But I do love how low-information tools like you are fixating on an innocuous symbol instead of hearing the message of the ad: Hillary, as Secretary of State, accepted bribes in exchange for favors that were not in the best interest of the United States.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment