PDA

View Full Version : Qualitative Research Woes

ke7ejx
08-12-2016, 04:11 PM
As part of my capstone (senior) project, I have to interview four female lead pastors. But first, I have to hand in an IRB (institutional review board) protocol to the academic board. Part of the submission is a five page list of questions and follow up questions of what I would ask the particpants. Problem is I have an idea of what I'd like to ask the participants but I'm having difficulties with making them precise and still fill the requested five pages. Thoughts?

Spartacus
08-12-2016, 04:34 PM
When I interviewed a bunch of professors for my capstone, I sat down with my capstone advisor and hammered out what sorts of answers I was looking for, then worked out the questions from there.

Over the last few days, I composed some interview questions for someone on a topic related to a paper they had written; I read the paper, highlighted stuff I thought they'd be most likely to want to repeat in the interview, and crafted some of my questions around that... then listed some of the stuff I was most interested in hearing about, and crafted the rest of the questions around that.

Or, if you have some arguments you'd like them to respond to, you could include some block quotes. That's usually a good way to fill some pages :teeth:

Teallaura
08-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Try English.

Okay, the not smart alecky answer is decide what you're trying to find out and tailor your questions around that premise.

Sparko
08-16-2016, 08:48 AM
So, how are you going to preach in church if women are not allowed to speak in church?

:outtie:

ke7ejx
08-16-2016, 02:10 PM
So, how are you going to preach in church if women are not allowed to speak in church?

:outtie:

By attending a church that ordains women of course! :teeth:

Sparko
08-17-2016, 07:13 AM
By attending a church that ordains women of course! :teeth:how can they ordain them if they are not allowed to preach in church?