PDA

View Full Version : Creative anachronism.

TheWall
08-28-2016, 07:51 PM
A hobby of mine happens to be historical combat. It's interesting stuff been doing it for a while now.

KingsGambit
08-28-2016, 07:52 PM
It's a shame that you started this in the Fraternity, because the one person on this site who is most involved in it in real life is female. :yes:

TheWall
08-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Cool.
As of right now we are trying to get more armor.
Who would that person be?

rogue06
08-28-2016, 08:03 PM
A hobby of mine happens to be historical combat. It's interesting stuff been doing it for a while now.
I used to engage in a bit of sword and shield sparring with some members of the Society for Creative Anachronism, one of who was a "knight" at several Renaissance Fests and was my "nemesis." Always went home with bruises on my arms, shoulders and ribs. Until the last time. I was in a bit of an irritable mood and decided to apply some of the stuff I learned studying martial arts -- not any techniques but rather the mentality. I beat him to the ground in short order three straight times (he even tried to slip in an illegal dirty trick in the last skirmish which I made him pay dearly for :grin:

As he looked up at me the last time he remarked, "you've been practicing!" I shook my head no and told him I merely changed my approach which was to utterly annihilate him.

That was also the last time I dueled like that. He was a sore loser :hehe:

TheWall
08-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Cool story rogue

rogue06
08-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Cool story rogue
As KG said perhaps the best person to talk to about the SCA can't post in the Frat House and that is Teallaura. I believe she is/was a member.

TheWall
08-28-2016, 08:14 PM
Cool. I do the stuff with my friends. Though some of them are SCA amtgard.
Tealaura. I will try to remember