Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Mad Gabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Gabs

OK Mad Gabs, or Mondegreens, are basically "misheard" words. A series of words or a phrase that seems to be nonsense till you sound it out and it becomes a real word or phrase.

For example: "These If Hill Wore" when pronounced quickly becomes "The Civil War."
    and "Eye Mull of Mush Sheen" quickly spoken becomes "I'm A Love Machine."

So the game is to post the nonsense phrase and others try to guess what the "real" word or phrase is. Once the correct answer is given, the winner then posts the next mondegreen and it continues.

I will go first. It is one word.

"I poke at lips"

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    OK Mad Gabs, or Mondegreens, are basically "misheard" words. A series of words or a phrase that seems to be nonsense till you sound it out and it becomes a real word or phrase.

For example: "These If Hill Wore" when pronounced quickly becomes "The Civil War."
    and "Eye Mull of Mush Sheen" quickly spoken becomes "I'm A Love Machine."

So the game is to post the nonsense phrase and others try to guess what the "real" word or phrase is. Once the correct answer is given, the winner then posts the next mondegreen and it continues.

I will go first. It is one word.

"I poke at lips"
    Apocalypse.

Gladly, the cross-eyed bear

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

yer supposed to wait till you are told you have it right.

You have it right.

Gladly, the Cross I bear.

Comment

yer supposed to wait till you are told you have it right.

You have it right.

Gladly, the Cross I bear.

You got it right.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You got it right.
          duh.

Bingo Jet Had a Light On. (misheard song lyric)

Comment

duh.

Bingo Jet Had a Light On. (misheard song lyric)
            Big old [or ol'] jet airliner

Comment

Big old [or ol'] jet airliner
              correct.

Comment

Baking carrot biscuits (misheard song title)

Comment

Baking carrot biscuits (misheard song title)
                  Taking Care of Business.

Comment

Comment

Nine Jar A Sassy Inn Quarrels

Comment

Ninja Assassin Squirrels

Comment

Ninja Assassin Squirrels

Comment

Crimean River

Comment

Crimean River
                              Cry me a river.

Comment