PDA

View Full Version : Browser Check

Christianbookworm
09-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Why is it that when I access tweb, a page pops up for a few seconds that says it's doing a browser check?

Cow Poke
09-13-2016, 04:47 PM
We had some issues earlier today and last night that may have been a denial of service attack.... Sparko turned on a filter - cloudfare - than scans you for guns and bombs and sticky things, then lets you aboard.

see here - http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?12091-500-Server-Errors

Christianbookworm
09-13-2016, 05:36 PM
It won't let me see the super top secret thread!

Christianbookworm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Teallaura
09-13-2016, 06:43 PM
It is super annoying - I almost lost a long post because of it. But I get the need. :sigh:

Christianbookworm
09-13-2016, 07:07 PM
:yes: It is annoyin'...

TheWall
09-13-2016, 07:13 PM
You guys get it too?

Jedidiah
09-13-2016, 08:03 PM
For me it only lasts a few seconds and I have only seen it one time after that, while doing some mod stuff.

Christianbookworm
09-13-2016, 08:28 PM
It happens every time I come back to tweb or enough time has passed!

NorrinRadd
09-13-2016, 10:08 PM
It happens every time I come back to tweb or enough time has passed!

This.

Raphael
09-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Cloudflare obviously thinks you're not that reputable....

Sparko
09-14-2016, 04:25 AM
I have it turned off for now. the traffic seems to have slowed.

09-14-2016, 06:42 AM
You guys get it too?

I thought it was just my android Chrome browser acting strange. The message was displayed too short to pounder. I haven't been here using my PC with the Firefox browser for a while.

Adrift
09-14-2016, 07:03 AM
It is super annoying - I almost lost a long post because of it. But I get the need. :sigh:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the Lazarus: Form Recovery app for whatever browser you're using (I don't think they have one for IE/Edge, but should be good for Firefox and Chrome). It occasionally automatically saves what you type into a post, and leaves a small transparent ankh symbol on the top right-hand corner of your post so that if your page errors out, or your browser crashes, you click the ankh and can choose the last thing you typed. It's saved me from major frustration on a number of occasions over the years.

Cow Poke
09-14-2016, 07:07 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Get the Lazarus: Form Recovery app for whatever browser you're using (I don't think they have one for IE/Edge, but should be good for Firefox and Chrome). It occasionally automatically saves what you type into a post, and leaves a small transparent ankh symbol on the top right-hand corner of your post so that if your page errors out, or your browser crashes, you click the ankh and can choose the last thing you typed. It's saved me from major frustration on a number of occasions over the years.

Got it! :thumb:

Cerebrum123
09-14-2016, 07:14 AM

Odd, I could have sworn I just posted about that app last night, and how I thought you recommended it a while back.

Cow Poke
09-14-2016, 07:18 AM
Odd, I could have sworn I just posted about that app last night, and how I thought you recommended it a while back.

Sparko mentioned it just recently - in the 500 Server error thread.

Oooooops.... not the 500 Server error thread ---- the Climbing TheWall thread...

get this add on:

firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/
chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno

it autosaves everything you type into forms and can recover your lost posts.

Then you mentioned it again in....

I think there is an app for Google Chrome called Lazarus, or something like that. Saves what you wrote even if the website crashes. I had it a while back, Adrift recommended it. Well, at least I think he recommended it. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Adrift
09-14-2016, 07:42 AM

Oh I missed that post/thread. Glad the word is getting out. I mean, I don't get any money for it or nothin, but when a product works, I like sharing it.

Teallaura
09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Done! THanks!!! :hug:

Sparko
09-14-2016, 07:58 AM
Yeah I gave them links to it

Cerebrum123
09-14-2016, 08:06 AM
Sparko mentioned it just recently - in the 500 Server error thread.

Oooooops.... not the 500 Server error thread ---- the Climbing TheWall thread...

Then you mentioned it again in....

Oops, wrong thread. :blush: