Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Martin Milner Passes at 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Milner Passes at 83

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...adam-12-820849
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

So many episodes of Adam 12! Part of what made me want to be a cop.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Malloy and Reed were like family.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I just watched all of Adam 12 as a binge, last summer. Great show, great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I just watched all of Adam 12 as a binge, last summer. Great show, great guy.
          Yeah, I think you and I were commenting on episodes... Toward the end, it looked like they were having a hard time coming up with new material.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, I think you and I were commenting on episodes... Toward the end, it looked like they were having a hard time coming up with new material.
            It was still a great show.

It did have one unfortunate side effect - there were criminals in prison taking notes. the show did such a good job with police procedure that cops and criminals alike learned from it.

And probably half a generation of cops pursued the career because of it!

10-4, Adam 12!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              It was still a great show.

It did have one unfortunate side effect - there were criminals in prison taking notes. the show did such a good job with police procedure that cops and criminals alike learned from it.

And probably half a generation of cops pursued the career because of it!

10-4, Adam 12!
              GOTTA tell this story again.....

One night I was on routine patrol, and was headed West on our main drag when I saw what appeared to be a DUI approaching, Eastbound. (he was driving slowly and weaving from side to side)

I turned onto a side street to turn around to chase him down, then turned into the first driveway on the left, to backup, and go get him. AS I was turning into the driveway, dispatch called "All 700 cars prepare to copy - burglary in progress at 111 Wilson....." I was on Wilson! I looked at the address and it was 111!!!!!

I radio'd "on scene, I'll be out", and a lady came running out the front door screaming "he's in the back".

Sure enough, I ran around to the back of the house, and caught the guy who had climbed halfway into a bedroom window.

As I bring the guy, in handcuffs, to the front of the house, the lady's little boy says "WOW, that's just like Adam-12"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                As I bring the guy, in handcuffs, to the front of the house, the lady's little boy says "WOW, that's just like Adam-12"
                By the way, the radio log entries looked pretty impressive that day....

21:15 Report of Burglary 111 Wilson
                21:15 Unit 731 responding / on scene
                21:16 Subject apprehended

The only time I did better than that was when I arrested a guy at 02:21 and had him IN JAIL at 01:48 (it was time change Sunday )

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X