Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Only already the saying: "I am the Alpha and the Omega" might prove that Revelation was written in Greek, and not in Aramaic.

If was meant "I am the first and the last letter of the (any) Alphabet", then it should be translated: "I am the A and the Z", which is just meaningless nonsense.

Like also meaningless: "I am the Aleph and the Tav".

As I see it, it plays with the two letters "O" in the Greek alphabet, Omikron and Omega.

Omikron stands in the place of the Hebrew letter Ayin. Ayin as a word means eye.
    Omega as "great eye" representing the (missing) 23rd letter of Hebrew alphabet.

Ayin can also mean well.

Like in Ezekiel 47:10,
    And it will be [a place] beside which fishermen will stand, from Ein-gedi to Ein-eglaim; a place for spreading nets they will be; their fish will be of many kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea, very many.

"from Ein-gedi to Ein-eglaim" = from "eye 17 to eye 153" --

The number 153 we know from the miraculous fish-catch of John 21.

Formula of the bible's mystery -- the third word "tov" (gematria 17) of Genesis, in Genesis 1:12, being the 153rd word from the beginning, which would not have been the case if Adam wouldn't have sinned and the earth wouldn't have been cursed, for then it would have been the 154th word, not good at all.

That this is indeed the clue of the saying "I am the Alpha and the Omega" might be clear if you accept tha the number 666 of Revelation 13:18 refers to Genesis 1:31, where the last word "hashishi" is the 434th word from the beginning, 434 being gematria of "delet" = door, Greek θύρα

Revelation 3:8, Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

deny = ἀρνέομαι,
    denier = ἀρνούμενος , Hebrew "soter" with gematria 666

so its all 666 right? umm and you're smoking what now? do you live in colorado? you know too much of that green stuff can make you see things right?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Um, what alphabet does Aramaic use in the First Century AD?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That Revelation was written in Greek and not in Aramaic might also be clear from the "white pebble stone" , ψῆφος λευκὴς, of Revelation 2:17, as referring to "calculate" , ψηφίζω, in Revelation13:18.

Comment

....awkward....
          "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

I just read the OP again;
            lol
            "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
            "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
            Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...9634#post59634

sylvius

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/T...id=CXmymbJIllc

"We know that there is a special relationship between the words "light" (אוֹר ) and "skin" (עוֹר ), especially in relation to the garments of skin God made Adam and Eve, given that the letters א and ע have special relationship between them (א is the inner light of the letter ע). This special relationship can also be seen numerically, because both "light" and "skin" have a very large common denominator, 69. "Light," 207 is 3 times 69. "Skin," 276, is 4 times 69."
              "alef" (= 1) is the inner light of the letter "ayin" (= 70) -- Which might be also expressed by "I am the Alpha and the Omega". I bet so. "ayin" means eye, like Greek "omikron" (little eye) and "omega" (great eye). In Greek alphabet the "omikron" stands on the place of "ayin" (in Hebrew alphabet) .

Comment

"alef" (= 1) is the inner light of the letter "ayin" (= 70) - Which might be also expressed by "I am the Alpha and the Omega".
                Which might also hint at Babylonian dispersion.

It is said that from Babel went out 70 nations (enumerated in Genesis 10) with 70 languages

Genesis 11:9, Therefore, He named it Babel, for there the Lord confused the language of the entire earth, and from there the Lord scattered them upon the face of the entire earth.

Where it says, Matthew 28:19, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
                I bet the 70 nations are meant, like also in Matthew 24:14,
                And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Babylonian dispersion took place at the end of 15 generations, the first 15 of the 26 generations from Adam to Moses (revelation at mount Sinai).

coinciding the "y-h" part of the name of God, that is in the initial letters of "yom hashishi", the sixth day, in Genesis 1:31.
                Last edited by Geert van den Bos; 03-13-2014, 05:17 AM.

Comment

"alef" is the inner light of "ayin" = "I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Birthfigure I drew for our first child (30 years ago), representing the A(lpha) within the O(mega)

In fact it is a two-dimensional representation of the Icosahedron: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...0601#post60601

one of the five Platonic solids: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_solid

It fits perfectly within a cube 6 x 6 x 6: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...0703#post60703

to which also belongs the starnumber 73: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...0571#post60571

73 being gematria of "chochmah"= wisdom, which Revelation 13:18 presents as: "here is the wisdom".

Number 73 being inherent Genesis 1:1, which has gematria 2701 = triangle 73 (of which the outline counts 216 ( = 3 x 72 = 6 x 6 x 6).

216 being the number of letters in Exodus 14:19-21, each veerse of which counts 72 letters.

The last 10 letters form the two words "vayibakku hamayim", וַיִּבָּקְעוּ הַמָּיִם, "and the water split", quintessential Passover.

LXX has: καὶ ἐσχίσθη τὸ ὕδωρ

Mark 15:38 uses the same verb, even the same form:

Καὶ τὸ καταπέτασμα τοῦ ναοῦ ἐσχίσθη εἰς δύο ἀπ' ἄνωθεν ἕως κάτω.
                  And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

216 being gematria of "d'vir", the name of the most holy in the temple. 1 Kings 6:16, And he built the twenty cubits at the end of the house with boards of cedar; from the floor unto the joists (of the ceiling), and he built it within, for a Sanctuary, for the Holy of Holies.

Sanctuary = דְבִיר
                  Last edited by Geert van den Bos; 03-13-2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X