Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 03/13/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 03/13/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Jesus is our Ultimate Middle Man…

“But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.” (Hebrews 7:24–25, NLT)

Jesus not only intercedes with God for us on our behalf but he also intercedes with us for God on God’s behalf. The miracles and blessings people received while Jesus was physically alive and even the miracles and blessings received by you and I came through Jesus not from Jesus. Jesus in his own words make that clear, “So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does… Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.” (John 5:9, 14:10, NLT)

I believe one of the main purposes of Jesus’ birth was to give people of his day the presence of God in their lives, Jesus was Emmanuel “God with them.” And I also believe one of the main purposes of Jesus’ death was to give people of our day the presence of God in our lives, Jesus through the Holy Spirit is Emmanuel “God with us.”

The song The Road to Zion contains a phrase, “Sometimes it’s good to look back down we’ve come so far, we’ve gained so much ground but joy is not in where we’ve been joy is what’s waiting at the end.” For me it speaks volumes about reflection, discovery, and anticipation. I don’t why it is but as a general rule for me one of the most powerful ways for me to experience God’s presence in my life is when I reflect back on my life. Then as I discover the many ways God has blessed me and as I anticipate what yet is to come the Holy Spirit gives me the reassurance that God will be with me. In my imagination I can see Jesus in “heavy conversation” with God about what is best for my life (and your life).

Easter… A time of Reflection… A time of Discovery… A time of Anticipation… A time for Jesus… A time for God… A time of Blessing...

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed—for until then they still hadn’t understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. Then they went home.” (John 20:8–10, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X