Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Ephesians 3:20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephesians 3:20-21

I'm currently reading a Henry Ward Beecher sermon about this passage of scripture. He's focusing on these words "According to the power that worketh in us". I'm struggling to comprehend what these words mean. Can someone help me translate this statement? I would really appreciate your assistance.
    If anyone wants to read my Kindle Book, feel free to click this hyperlink: http://www.amazon.com/Key-Logic-Ted-...gic+ted+hickox

doesnt he explain it in the sermon you are reading?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedlearner1 View Post
      I'm currently reading a Henry Ward Beecher sermon about this passage of scripture. He's focusing on these words "According to the power that worketh in us". I'm struggling to comprehend what these words mean. Can someone help me translate this statement? I would really appreciate your assistance.
      ekklēsia
      Last edited by John Reece; 11-08-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Ephesians 3:20-21

The Epistles to the COLOSSIANS, to PHILEMON and to the EPHESIANS

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          doesnt he explain it in the sermon you are reading?
          When Henry Ward Beecher began his sermon, he made references to places and events that happened over 150 years ago. That's what made the message confusing. Later in the sermon he stated the meaning in more generalized terms. Finally I was able to comprehend what he was saying. I would have asked him about it except he isn't around anymore. That's why I got confused.
          If anyone wants to read my Kindle Book, feel free to click this hyperlink: http://www.amazon.com/Key-Logic-Ted-...gic+ted+hickox

Comment

I wonder if I might take the occasion of this important thread topic/scripture to continue to add scholarly biblical commentary on the subject ― just for information for all who may be interested...

From Word Biblical Commentary: Ephesians, by Andrew T. Lincoln, via Accordance:

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X