View Full Version : Hermeneutics

Meh Gerbil
12-09-2016, 10:44 AM
For me this is how most theologians read:

WHISTLING
1: There is a heavenly language:
Tongues of angels - I Cor 13: 1

2: God uses whistling to communicate with the faithful:
I will WHISTLE for them to gather together, For I have redeemed them; And they will be as numerous as they were before. - Zechariah 10:8

3: We should be like God.
So try to be like God, because you are his own dear children. - Eph 5:1

4: It follows that we should use whistles in our prayers.

5: I've special prayer whistles available for $20.00.

Sparko
12-09-2016, 12:17 PM
That's like the exact opposite of what "most theologians" do.

it is what most televangelists do, and a lot of lay persons who are completely nuts and want to prove a pet theory (eisogesis).

Meh Gerbil
12-09-2016, 12:49 PM
That's like the exact opposite of what "most theologians" do.

it is what most televangelists do, and a lot of lay persons who are completely nuts and want to prove a pet theory (eisogesis).
This post was inspired by years of preaching I've witnessed and the more recent Noah's flood thread.

Sparko
12-09-2016, 12:52 PM
This post was inspired by years of preaching I've witnessed and the more recent Noah's flood thread.Yeah I wouldn't call Seve a "theologian"

I call people like JP Holding "theologians" - people who actually study the bible in a scholarly manner, not like a nut, or like a cult member.

firstfloor
12-09-2016, 04:38 PM
For me this is how most theologians read:

WHISTLING
1: There is a heavenly language:
Tongues of angels - I Cor 13: 1

2: God uses whistling to communicate with the faithful:
I will WHISTLE for them to gather together, For I have redeemed them; And they will be as numerous as they were before. - Zechariah 10:8

3: We should be like God.
So try to be like God, because you are his own dear children. - Eph 5:1

4: It follows that we should use whistles in our prayers.

5: I've special prayer whistles available for $20.00.

19975It is certainly as good as any other hermeneutics and seems to be logically flawless. Congratulations on your interesting new insight.

The whistles seem to be very expensive. Do they work? Have you sold many? Do you need a UK agent?

Wait a minute – I see a flaw. You’re not really selling whistles are you?

Meh Gerbil
12-09-2016, 05:27 PM
It is certainly as good as any other hermeneutics and seems to be logically flawless. Congratulations on your interesting new insight.

The whistles seem to be very expensive. Do they work? Have you sold many? Do you need a UK agent?

Wait a minute – I see a flaw. You’re not really selling whistles are you?
I do need a UK representative.
I need to put together a book (to sell) and an article for Christianity Today (they've lowered their standards) so we can hit the market hard with Prayer Whistles.

We need to get everything in place before Apple can come out with the iWhistle.

Bisto
12-09-2016, 08:18 PM
We need to get everything in place before Apple can come out with the iWhistle.
Apparently, you are too late (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/iwhistle/9nblggh0d80s).

Meh Gerbil
12-10-2016, 04:11 AM
Apparently, you are too late (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/iwhistle/9nblggh0d80s).
That is a fake sent by the devil to trick people.
Don't fall for it, my friend.

Darth Executor
12-14-2016, 09:51 AM
that awkward moment where you find out mehgerbil thinks benny hinn is a "theologian"

why not call trout a theologian while you're at it

KingsGambit
12-14-2016, 10:02 AM
This post was inspired by years of preaching I've witnessed and the more recent Noah's flood thread.

Watching preaching will tell you nothing about theologians. Very few preachers are theologians.