Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Genesis - The True Story of the Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis - The True Story of the Beginning

Genesis 1 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Gen 1. Both accounts agree totally and in detail.

What is amazing is that God wrote our History more than 3,000 years ago, and the events at the end of the present 6th Day are still Future.

IOW, God told the complete story of the Creation in Genesis 1 and beginning at Gen 2:4, we begin to learn the details of the events of Genesis 1.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and*there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Briefly, here's how I read the passages of Genesis 1:1~5 based on the Scripture .…

Genesis 1:1 is just a preface or summary -The Story of the "Beginning" of the Physical World.
    Genesis 1:2 narrates us the condition of the deep (dark - void) before the world was.
    Genesis 1:3 documents us the bringing forth of the Light before anything is made that was made;
    Genesis 1:4 the division / separation of Light from darkness - the first work of old.
    Genesis 1:5 The evening & the morning, the first day.

Notice: The heaven and the earth were still formless and void on the first day. The first formation of the PHYSICAL heaven took place on the 2nd day (Gen. 1:6-8) - the world of Adam..... their earth was made on the 3rd day.

God bless

The Almighty God Father first Created (thru power of his logo - ex-nihilo) the materials or matters needed in order for his Son (YHWH or Jesus) to physically form/fashion with his own hands our heavenS and earth - for inhabitation, thereof.

In the context of the text, I see the narrative as saying:

In the beginning God Created the heaven (Air) and the Earth (Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form, (Dust) and void (Empty); and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The 3 elements necessary for all physical form are shown.. Air, Dust, and Water.Everything which is physical is composed of these 3 elements. The text is correct in showing that the water was not directly created, or spoken into being, because it consists of elements of the Air or Atmosphere. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen and came from the Atmosphere and is not shown as a separate creation.

This is correct in today's scientific knowledge, but IF the Bible were written by Ancient men, Moses would not have known this. He would have written that in the beginning God created the Air, Dust, and Water, but since God Himself is the Author, He correctly shows that the Atmosphere and Ground were created, and the Water was not a separate creation but instead, came from the Atmosphere.

God bless

Note: Insertions are mine for presentation.

The Son of God was at the bosom of the Almighty Father BEFORE the Making of our physical world. However, he came forth (begotten), the first time, into our physical world from the invisible realm of his Father, when God spoke the first complete “Word” in the Beginning and said, “LET THERE BE LIGHT”, and there was light. (Gen. 1:3).

The Son became the only God physically formed or ever shall be physically formed for us to see and witness. He was the great I AM" (YHWH) of the Old Testament and became better known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

The brightness of glory of the Son provided the True Light of heaven in the beginning (ALPHA) before the world was (Gen. 1:3).... as he will also be the one to provide the light of heaven in the end (OMEGA). Rev. 21:23

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 1:3 All things were MADE by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God bless

Note: The Almighty God Father is an invisible Spirit without physical shape or form and changes not.
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 12-27-2016, 08:27 PM.

Originally posted by Seve
    In the context of the text, I see the narrative as saying:

In the beginning God Created the heaven (Air) and the Earth (Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form, (Dust) and void (Empty); and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    But everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Self contradictory creation interpretation.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Gen. 1:6-8 shows that the Firmament or Heaven, as God calls it, was formed on the 2nd Day.

The narrative of Gen. 1:1-2 is speaking of the period BEFORE the 1st Day.

In fact, during the time Jesus was praying to his Father at the garden of Gethsemane before his death in crucifixion , He speaks of the following.....

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was.

Glory is brightness, a physical trait. Jesus was speaking of the brightness of his Glory that he shared to his Father - before anything is made that was made - when God said... "LET THERE BE LIGHT" (Gen. 1:3).

Before the world was could only be Before 1st Day.

If one believes that In the Beginning God Created and Formed the 1st Heaven BEFORE the 1st Day (Gen 1:1), then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day (Gen.1:6-8), then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World - the first time - Before the 1st Heaven was formed..... BEFORE the world was.

God bless
          Last edited by Seve; 12-27-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post

Comment

There was no 24 Hour Day and Scripture does not state that there was a 24 hour Day.* Genesis shows that God has 6 Creative Days, and 1 Day of Rest which will Never End. How does Unbelievers will explain that they think God has more than 7 Days in Genesis -- when there’s not even a Morning nor Evening recorded in the Scripture on the 7th, Day?

The Un-Scriptural idea, that the 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest, are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture.* The 7th Day has no End.

1 Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Bible was written for the past, present, and future. It is relevant for today, and tomorrow. Written by the Supreme Intelligence, it's just too hard for poor, ignorant, unbelievers and pretenders to comprehend. In order to understand, they need to study and be approved by God ….“rightly dividing the word of Truth”.

2 Tim 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

God bless

Comment

When I was learning about teaching others, I learned that you must have some idea of the point you're trying to make. You've taken some time to put this together. What am I suppose to learn from what you said?
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                  When I was learning about teaching others, I learned that you must have some idea of the point you're trying to make. You've taken some time to put this together. What am I suppose to learn from what you said?
                  Here is what you should study and learn - A brief chronology of the 7 Days or Ages of Creation of the THIRD Heaven:

Before the first Day, God created air and ground without form and darkness/death was upon everything He had made apart from Him, so God said: Let there be Light. Gen 1:1-2
                  Day 1- Jesus came forth from the bosom of the invisible realm of the Father into the physical world to defeat the darkness which was upon everything God had created. His Image is brighter than the Noonday Sun. Gen 1:3
                  Day 2- Jesus made a firmament or boundary of Adam's world and placed it in the midst or middle of the Water, and God called it*"heaven". Gen 1:6-8
                  Day 3- Jesus made Adam's Earth and another two*HeavenS, but before He made the plants, He made man of the dust of the ground. Gen 2:4-7
                  Day 4- The first Stars of our 2nd Heaven put forth their light into our Cosmos, which began as the Big Bang, on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4
                  Day 5- The heaven and the earth which are now is completed for inhabitation thereof. Every living creature that moves was created and brought forth from the waters by the TRINITY, on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21
                  Day 6- Jesus makes the beasts of the field and birds, Adam names them, and then Jesus makes Eve. Adam sins and is cast out from the Garden. A&E have two sons and Cain kills Abel. Serh was born and during his generations, men started to call upon the name of the Lords (Gen 4:26) Then God speaks AGAIN. Let US make man in OUR Image. Gen 1:26 and Gen 5:1-2 Adam and Eve were BOTH "created in God's Image" or In Christ. They were born again Spiritually, just as ALL of mankind MUST be born again in order to inherit the Third Heaven, the object of the 6 Creative Days.

This brings us up to the present TIME, today, 2016 for God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image or in Christ, TODAY.

The end of the present 6th Day is in the Future because the events of Gen 1:28-31 are Prophecy of things which will not happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at the end of the present 6th Day. Isaiah 11 tells us that AFTER Jesus returns the Lion will eat Straw like the Ox. Isa 11:7 Has everyone heard that the Lion will lay down by the Lamb when Jesus returns? Now, you know that it will happen TODAY, on the present 6th Age. The 7th Day or God's rest is FUTURE. Heb 4:9

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Our God is an awesome God.

Comment

A Day in Genesis is NOT based on 24 hours period of time. It is based on a period of Labor or work (Yowm) when God is doing His work of creating. There is NO time limit or number of days, years, etc. A good example is the Scriptural Fact that TODAY remains the 6th Creative Day and this Day will NOT end until AFTER our Cosmos is burned which is AFTER Jesus rules and reigns on Earth for a thousand years. Revelation 20:5. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

The Bible says finished or brought to perfection since it also says that ALL THE HOST of Heaven is also finished or brought to perfection.

This is made clear when you read Gen 2:1

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, (brought to perfection) and ALL the host of them.

Christians are among the host of Heaven. AFTER God's work is brought to perfection (which is the way ALL of God's work is when completed) God will rest (Heb-sabbath) from ALL of His work of Creating. Gen 2:2-3 Today, God is STILL converting sinners and creating in the image and likeness of God, spiritually. God will NOT rest (Heb-sabbath-cease) until His Creation is brought to perfection and ALL Christians are safely in Heaven.

Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. At Gen 2:4 the narrative RETURNS to the details of the THIRD Day.

ALL of the rest of the Bible refers BACK to One of the 7 Days of Creation, shown in it's Entirety, in the first 34 verses of Genesis. It opens up many of the mysteries which ancient men could NOT have understood and it reveals the Literal God because it shows us the FUTURE since No man of the time could have told us of the events at the end of the present 6th Day, which will NOT take place until AFTER Jesus returns to this planet.

We live Today at Gen 1:27, the rest of Genesis 1 takes place AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

This is a Future event which will take place in the thousand year reign of Christ on this Earth. At that time, Humans will be given dominion or rule over EVERY living thing that moves on this Earth. That includes Mosquitoes, Viruses and Sharks. It is something which has NEVER taken place on Planet Earth Before, as the next verses show:

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, AND EVERY TREE, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Again this is a prophecy of the Future since we will NOT eat from the Tree of Life until All Christians are in the New Heaven. Rev 22:14

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Another future happening, except the end of this prophecy is clearly shown in:

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

When you read the verse in context, this event happens AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at Armageddon. Isa 11:1-7

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Finally God's Creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven is complete and Earth is Safe for a thousand years. Then, and only then, will the God, Who sees the end from the beginning, says, It is very good, at the end of the present 6th Day of labor in which God is making a perfect heaven and filling it with His Immortal Children, called Christians.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Seve View Post
                      The Son of God was at the bosom of the Almighty Father BEFORE the Making of our physical world. However, he came forth (begotten), the first time, into our physical world from the invisible realm of his Father, when God spoke the first complete “Word” in the Beginning and said, “LET THERE BE LIGHT”, and there was light. (Gen. 1:3).

The Son became the only God physically formed or ever shall be physically formed for us to see and witness. He was the great I AM" (YHWH) of the Old Testament and became better known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

The brightness of glory of the Son provided the True Light of heaven in the beginning (ALPHA) before the world was (Gen. 1:3).... as he will also be the one to provide the light of heaven in the end (OMEGA). Rev. 21:23

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 1:3 All things were MADE by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God bless

Note: The Almighty God Father is an invisible Spirit without physical shape or form and changes not.
                      Originally posted by 37818
                      The Son of God was never being preincarnate "begotten." (John 1:3; Colossians 1;16-17; Genesis 1:1; John 8:24, 58; Exodus 3:14. John 1:4, 9-10; Hebrews 1:3.) The owners of Tweb think I am unorthodox over my view on this this.

Just saying.

Dear 37818,

Contrary to your view....

Here's how you can reconcile chronologically the Scriptures regarding the bringing forth of the Son of God into the physical world from
                      the invisible realm of his Father the first time in the Beginning.… BEFORE the World was …..

Using only the Scriptures which are self explanatory.... My witnesses (3)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Prov. 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1:2

The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:2

I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.Prov 8:3

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen, 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Prov 8:24

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.Gen.1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.John 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: Prov 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:5

P.S. Just so you know.... I am returning to you..... your own cited text above ref: John 8:24:

[Jhn 8:24 KJV] 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

God bless
                      Last edited by Seve; 01-04-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Then, in the NT, YHWH or Jesus, the Son of God, was Again sent into our physical world and made flesh through Mary’s womb..... to save us from our sins....

Heb 1
                        v4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

v5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? AND AGAIN, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

v1:6 AND AGAIN, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.*

Why do we suppose the words "AND AGAIN" are emphasized 2x in the texts describing the bringing forth of the first begotten Son into the physical world, the 2nd time?

Let's continue reading, shall we...

v10 And,Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth]; and "the heavens are the works of thine hands:

v9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God,*even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

I see.. the Son was brought forth (begotten) into this world the 1st time when He provided the True Light in the Beginning (Gen 1:3).... and then made our physical world. He was again sent into this world; born of the Virgin Mary; made flesh, and died for us; to save us form our sins…

Conclusion: Yĕhovah is the Christ himself, the Son of the invisible God Father - of whom No man hath seen at anytime nor his name have been revealed to anyone at this time.

God bless

Last edited by Seve; 01-04-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Here’s what Jesus Christ told the Jewish Scribes / Hebrew Scholars.... who were seeking to have him killed during the time of his mission on earth.... also, who insisted and proclaimed that Yĕhovah is their God - not realizing that He, the Son of God, is the only One and the Same God they have during the OT.

John 8
                          v54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
                          v55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. v58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Unless, Jesus is lying, No one knows the name of his God Father at this time... until one overcometh the end….

Read below...

Rev. 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the Name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev, 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that No Man knew, but himself.

Eph 3:14-15 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named....

Conclusion: Yĕhovah is the Christ himself, the Son of the invisible God Almighty Father.

God bless
                          Last edited by Seve; 01-07-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

The Mystical Union of God....

A mystical union is one that God made, one of which marriage becomes one flesh, based on the Scripture. Since marriage is actually made under the jurisdiction of heaven... it’s God who actually joins the man and the woman in a Mystical Union.

One in Unity is used in the case of Gen. 2:24, when the husband and wife are called One (echad) Flesh by God. The use of the Hebrew word "echad" (One) in the text... is only possible in the sense of Unity... as Collective One - A Mystical Union from Heaven.

Gen 2
                            v23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
                            V24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And this mystical union of marriage has a Biblical precedent.... The Unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as One (echad) God - a Collective One that is.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God (Elohim) is One (echad)LORD.

We can also understand John 10:30 in this sense, “I and my Father are one.” One in Unity not in number. It is also in this sense that thousands can be One like the builders of the tower of Babel in Gen 11:6. Even the millions of Christians can be One in this sense according to John 17:21.

Another example:

“There are three (numeric) that bear records in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost: and these three (numeric) are One (Mystical Union). 1John 5:7

Therefore, the Triune of God is One in Unity... not in Numeric Number..... A Mystical Union Of God, indeed.

Just My Biblical Opinion, of course.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Seve View Post
                              "the only God physically formed?"

So you think there are more than one God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X