Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"The future isn't going to be terribly idealistic."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The future isn't going to be terribly idealistic."

This one's for CP, to serve as a counterpoint to the American Flag banning issue:

The Hempstead school board won't renew the contract of a principal who instructed her students not to speak Spanish, in a rapidly-evolving district where more than half of the students, like many Texas schools, are now Hispanic.

Hempstead Middle School Principal Amy Lacey was placed on paid administrative leave in December after reportedly announcing, via intercom, that students were not to speak Spanish on the school's campus. The Hispanic population of the rural area, roughly 50 miles northwest of Houston, is growing quickly, and Latino advocates say that it's important to allow Spanish in public schools.

"When you start banning aspects of ethnicity or cultural identity," says Augustin Pinedo, director of the League of United Latin American Citizens Region 18, "it sends the message that the child is not wanted: 'We don't want your color. We don't want your kind.' They then tend to drop out early."
    Agreed! Also, there is no War on Christmas.

Such fast growth is pervasive in Texas, says Steve Murdock, a professor at Rice University and director of the Hobby Center for the Study of Texas. Half of all Texas public-school students are now Hispanic, he notes. "When you look at issues related to education in Texas, to a great extent, you're looking at the education of Hispanic children."
    That's the politically correct educrat way to say that most Mexicans in Texas are at or below the 90-IQ threshold.

Similar growth patterns, he says, hold true for the rest of the United States: "It's not just Texas."

Civil rights advocates say Lacey's suspension may have set off a campaign to intimidate Hispanics, including the district's superintendent, Delma Flores-Smith. They are calling for the Department of Justice and the FBI to investigate possible civil rights violations. An FBI spokesman would not confirm an investigation.
    Don't worry, the Hate Hoaxing will commence:

Flores-Smith reports that she's seen strangers watching her house and taking photos. She says vandals have trashed her yard, and someone has rifled through her garbage. She is worried about her safety.
    Girl, that's like half the majority Hispanic neighborhoods in Texas, there's always transients walking around in the non-gated communities.

Last month, school employees found that vandals had damaged the brakes of three Hempstead Independent School District buses and had left behind the bedraggled remains of a dead cat.
    ITS TOTALLY THE KKK GUYS!!!

A bus with visibly severed brake lines didn't leave the bus barn that morning. But two other buses, whose air-brake lines had been subtly nicked, carried children to school before the damage was discovered. Police investigated but didn't identify any suspects.

"A lot of this sounds like Mississippi in the 1950s and '60s," Pinedo said during Monday night's school board meeting, where the decision was made not to renew Lacey's contract.
    Conservatives, take note: They will keep trotting this line out over and over again until you publicly and ruthlessly call them out on it, and sue them for libel for good measure. You fold on THAT'S RACIST, they have no creative internal voice against using the same script over and over.

Pinedo acknowledged that there's no hard evidence that the incidents are related or that they're hate crimes.

"But when the lives of children are put in danger, that's the bottom line," he said. "We don't know what the reasons are. Rather than guess, we're asking the FBI to step in."
    This is even better than Hate Hoaxing-just claim any recent vandalism is RETHUGLICAN TERRORISM. Maybe! I don't know, therefore I must LITERALLY make a federal case out of this! Hey, it beats teaching children.

He said LULAC and the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund have asked the Department of Justice to investigate possible civil rights violations.
    Hey, CP, when Eric Holder's DOJ gets involved, how likely do you think a strategy of 'patiently wait to find out the truth' is going to work out? Do we have any conclusive evidence on Fast and Furious yet?

"The whole world is watching," said Tony Diaz, head of the Houston-based radio show Nuestra Palabra and founder of the advocacy group Librotraficantes. "Banning Spanish is a national issue."

"We got a lot of calls about activity in Hempstead," said Cynthia Coles, who represented the Greater Houston Coalition for Justice. "We came to support this board, this superintendent."
    Hey, you know how back in the Fred Phelps thread I said you guys need to repent for supporting the Civil Rights Revolution? This is why. Don't worry, I won't call on the Big Bad Moderators to ban any of you for saying something mean, hurtful, or truthful in response.

They also note that there's no evidence that speaking Spanish hampers learning English, and note that in most of the rest of the world, it's common to speak two or more languages.
    "Most of the rest of the world" is the Third World, whose cultural inheritance is so meager that they need to learn two or more languages, usually English, to have a hope of advancing in their lives at all.

At the school district's board meeting in January, Pinedo read a list of American Founding Fathers who spoke multiple languages. They included Benjamin Franklin (French) and Thomas Jefferson (French, Italian, Spanish and Latin).
    Show me the speeches they gave in those languages and how well they hold up today.

So, I guess the takeaway lesson in this versus the Cinco de Mayo Americano issue is that the school principal's authority to preserve good order and prevent racial violence in the school is absolute, except when it offends a priviliged class.
    Last edited by Epoetker; 03-20-2014, 12:59 AM.

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    This one's for CP,
    Epo,

I have no idea why you feel I need this, and quite honestly, I don't really care.

unsubscribing.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't worry, I'll be sure to link back to it whenever the mood strikes me.

Comment