PDA

View Full Version : Men's Fashions 2017

rogue06
02-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Yup. These are real. They're the Palomo Spain Men’s Fall 2017 line.

WARNING: There is not enough eye bleach or brain bleach in the world to erase these images from your mind.

Do NOT go any further if you have a queasy stomach.

Remember you were warned

20822 20823

20824 20825

20826 20827

20828 20829

Dear God, please come quickly :pray:

TheWall
02-09-2017, 05:46 PM
When can fashion go back to being not entirely crazy?

rogue06
02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
When can fashion go back to being not entirely crazy?
"Crazy" is not among the words I'd use to describe these :eww:

TheWall
02-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Crazy is just the beginning how about mindboggilingly uncanny to the point that I feel I may lose all tester throne in my body as I struggle to understand why sensibility and class have left alongside panache.

TheWall
02-09-2017, 06:09 PM
It hurts.

Adrift
02-09-2017, 06:39 PM
I think Prince could have pulled off the red thing in the middle, and the blue thing towards the bottom, but the rest are disasters. Most of these sorts of fashion shows are art pieces and design demos. A lot of it isn't meant to ever be manufactured and sold at places like JC Penny or anything. But this was mostly just straight up drag. Not even attempting to sell itself as standard male fashion. I suppose Eddie Izzard has his Spring collection anyways. He's probably the only one who could afford it too.

rogue06
02-09-2017, 06:42 PM
I think Prince could have pulled off the red thing in the middle, and the blue thing towards the bottom, but the rest are disasters. Most of these sorts of fashion shows are art pieces and design demos. A lot of it isn't meant to ever be manufactured and sold at places like JC Penny or anything. But this was mostly just straight up drag. Not even attempting to sell itself as standard male fashion. I suppose Eddie Izzard has his Spring collection anyways. He's probably the only one who could afford it too.
True, most will never make it to any stores but are designed to influence trends and the like (God forbid).

Meh Gerbil
02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
People who criticize fashion don't understand it.
I could rock every one of those outfits.
Don't be haters.

Raphael
02-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Trout would wear that.

TheWall
02-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I am no more happy I didn't ask boutique trout.
Can we kill these outfits with fire

rogue06
02-09-2017, 07:45 PM
People who criticize fashion don't understand it.
I could rock every one of those outfits.
Don't be haters.
Didn't some PETA protesters throw red paint on your fur the last time you attended a fashion show?

rogue06
02-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Trout would wear that.
Only if it was yellow.

Sparko
02-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Starlight would probably think those designs are just 'darling'

I hope this catches on. It will make it that much easier to spot the liberal nutjobs at a distance.

But seriously, what is the point of this garbage? To just mock men and male sexuality? I know liberals want to feminize men, but this is just over the top mocking. How do these designers even stay in business with designs like this? You know they won't sell a single design. Or even part of one.

Here is what vogue said about it.

===
Twenty-four hours before Alejandro Gómez Palomo’s Palomo Spain show, Nicola Formichetti—arguably one of the industry’s most clued-in, youth culture–glancing arbiters—told me, “You can’t miss it.”

Then, five minutes before the runway lights dimmed, the expectations compounded. Bryan Grey Yambao, my seatmate, leaned over and said, “This is so fashion,” referring to the crowd, which included singer Troye Sivan (wearing Palomo Spain’s pink velvet trousers), photographer Ryan McGinley, and model Hari Nef. (A “fashion” crowd isn’t usually the case at a New York menswear show.)

And as the first look walked out, a man to my right said out loud in pure exhilaration: “Gender! So last season!”

What would result lived up to and, in fact, beyond the hype—and it was a privilege to witness. Not a moment too soon, and somehow fitting for the final day of the menswear loop, Palomo sent out a lavish and over-the-top collection that, at its core, gave a bejeweled and feather-trimmed middle finger to the unaccepting and the regressive. How fabulously timely.

“It’s about the sexual self,” said the emotional designer backstage, cheeks streaked with lipstick smudges. “There are boys looking for other boys—seducing and being seduced. Some are virgins and you can only look at them.” Each of his models was male, but wearing clothes that might traditionally be categorized as female—though, in his book and increasingly so around the industry, clothes are clothes and can be worn by anyone.
http://www.vogue.com/article/palomo-spain-fall-2017
=====

Really? barf.

TheWall
02-10-2017, 07:07 AM
And people wonder why I like flannel.

Bisto
02-10-2017, 09:04 AM
“It’s about the sexual self,” said the emotional designer backstage, cheeks streaked with lipstick smudges. “There are boys looking for other boys—seducing and being seduced. Some are virgins and you can only look at them.” Each of his models was male, but wearing clothes that might traditionally be categorized as female—though, in his book and increasingly so around the industry, clothes are clothes and can be worn by anyone.
http://www.vogue.com/article/palomo-spain-fall-2017

The designer said that? Wow. I get the impression this could be pretty insulting to gay men -- most of which, I think, do not actually want to dress like women. Wasn't it only the 'backwards' who thought "same-sex attraction" and "other-gender identity" are the same thing?

Jedidiah
02-10-2017, 09:10 AM
The designer said that? Wow. I get the impression this could be pretty insulting to gay men -- most of which, I think, do not actually want to dress like women. Wasn't it only the 'backwards' who thought "same-sex attraction" and "other-gender identity" are the same thing?

That only applies if you are a conservative.

Zymologist
02-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Andius
02-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Just straight up mixing of established men and women clothing, not even attempting to use unisex elements or pieces, quite frankly it is a train wreck of a concept.

And whoever applied the makeup on them, pitiful. That choice of makeup just gives them a sickly appearance.....

Quite frankly, Eddie Izzard looks far more classy in contrast with this Cordobian's work....

rogue06
02-10-2017, 11:08 AM
The one in white has a "please just kill me now" look.

Zymologist
02-10-2017, 11:44 AM
The one in white has a "please just kill me now" look.

Can't say I blame him....

Say, how about this: screw waterboarding, that's lame. Just dress up terrorists in those outfits and post pictures on ISIS-friendly websites. May be just the weapon we need.

Cerebrum123
02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
And people wonder why I like flannel.

Makes me think of the term "flannelsexual" on the show According to Jim. Basically just meant a more typical guy. That show could be pretty funny. :yes:

Sparko
02-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Can't say I blame him....

Say, how about this: screw waterboarding, that's lame. Just dress up terrorists in those outfits and post pictures on ISIS-friendly websites. May be just the weapon we need.Brilliant. While riding a pig.

Faber
02-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Adrift
02-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Don't bring in Klaus Nomi into this. He dressed exquisitely. An oversized box-tuxedo couldn't be more manly in my opinion. :teeth:

rogue06
02-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Don't bring in Klaus Nomi into this. He dressed exquisitely. An oversized box-tuxedo couldn't be more manly in my opinion. :teeth:
Ivo introduced me to him. His rendition of Lightning Strikes is a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gma5IUNMTn0

Adrift
02-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Ivo generally has good taste, cept I think he's into Ponies and Cher and all that. Still he's right on about Lynch and Nomi.

Strike that. It wasn't Lynch he was so much into, but Julee Cruse who he was into, and if anyone know's David Lynch, they know Julee Cruise (and Angelo Badalamenti). I sent him a copy of Industrial Symphony No. 1 on VHS years ago, after promising it to him years earlier (which he probably can't play now that VHS is scarce).

Anyways, Bowie [RIP], who was no stranger to female fashion, picked up on Nomi's [RIP] genius on early SNL, way way back when it was still funny (remember when SNL was still funny? I barely do)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87tHmJEpz40

Edit: Aww. Just noticed the video can't be played in the Tweb player. Well believe it or not, The Man Who Sold the World is not a Nirvana song. :smile:

rogue06
02-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Some fashion tips :smile:

To enbiggenate imagification
start by clickifying on it and
then clickifying on the
resulting imagification

Sparko
02-11-2017, 01:44 PM
they have even invaded Pirate Fashion. barf.

http://manolomen.com/images/Pizza%20Pirate.jpg