PDA

View Full Version : Rev 2

Zymologist
02-15-2017, 02:02 PM
This is going more slowly than I wanted, since I have a lot of sources of stress at the moment (increasing responsibility at work, general stress at work, studying for P.E. exam, three kids, home ownership, Trump's totalitarian ways, etc.). But I am making progress.

Chapters 1 through 4 have been revised; chapter 1 pretty heavily. Chapter 3 needs a good deal of trimming down, but I think it's in a reasonably good place for this run-through. Chapter 5 is where things get tougher: where I introduce multiple secondary characters, etc. But I think I have a path forward now, and I think I'm beginning to solve the problems I created, or discovered, in the first draft.

I think I know what I'm going to do with the headaches. :thumb: (that's meaningless if you haven't at least read chapter 1.)

I also think I've decided on a title for the thing, which accomplishes my objective of a title with a dual meaning. That's gimmicky, but...eh. Gimmicks aren't always a bad thing, right?

One Bad Pig
02-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Oh, you mean Revision 2. For some reason when I saw the title, I thought you were referring to the Apocalypse.

Bisto
02-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Chapters 1 through 4 have been revised; chapter 1 pretty heavily.
After checking the thread on the Mandela effect a few times these days, I must say that reading the title and this line made me wonder, 'Have we lost Zym?' :lol:

Zymologist
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Oh, you mean Revision 2. For some reason when I saw the title, I thought you were referring to the Apocalypse.

:lol:

Nope, this was a purely selfish post about my own writing.