PDA

View Full Version : Coyote hunting

Trout
02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Is addictive. Angers PETA and is a great way to get outdoors.

Jedidiah
02-21-2017, 01:07 PM
You had me with "Angers PETA."

Trout
02-21-2017, 01:11 PM
You had me with "Angers PETA."

Yesterday I called a red fox to within 2 feet of myself.

rogue06
02-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Is addictive. Angers PETA and is a great way to get outdoors.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources just started a "Coyote Challenge" where participants can win a free lifetime hunting license.

Hunters who kill coyotes in Georgia will have the chance to win a lifetime hunting license in a new initiative announced by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

In the "Georgia Coyote Challenge," those who kill coyotes between March and August can bring the carcass to a DNR office and then be entered in a monthly drawing to win a lifetime hunting/fishing license.

Hunters can submit up to five coyotes per month. Road-kills, spoiled carcasses, and live coyotes are not eligible.

According to the DNR, the challenge is designed to encourage the taking of coyotes in the spring and summer. The DNR said research indicates removal of coyotes during those months can reduce their impact on native wildlife.

While coyotes are said to be "timid and shy" and "pose little threat to humans," according to the DNR, they can sometimes hunt house pets, especially cats.

In Georgia, trapping and hunting of coyotes is legal, and there is no closed season.

To enter the challenge, participants can bring coyote carcasses to the following offices Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Source (http://www.11alive.com/news/coyote-challenge-awards-free-hunting-licenses-for-killing-coyotes/410164671)

rogue06
02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Yesterday I called a red fox to within 2 feet of myself.

Sparko
02-21-2017, 01:22 PM
I hit a Coyote with my car once. BAM. Deader than a dead coyote.

I thought I hit a dog at first. but then I got out of my car and saw it was only a coyote.

No roadrunners were anywhere to be seen.