PDA

View Full Version : Phone Line

Meh Gerbil
04-11-2017, 09:54 AM
One of my trees knocked down the neighbor's phone line. (1)
My neighbor is elderly and in a nursing home but I still felt bad about the line.

I called AT & T to try and report the downed line but the computer didn't like the fact that I wouldn't provide an account number. I didn't want to provide an account number because it wasn't my phone line that was down. The computer hung up on me. I called back and told a whole series of bald faced lies to the computer so I could talk to a real human being.

The first real human being had no idea what to do with the downed line.
After 20 minutes he put me in touch with a guy in India.
The guy in India asked me a dozen questions, none of which had anything to do with the location of the downed line.
A half hour into that conversation and I'm starting to look for an exit - any exit.

As soon as they gave me another phone number to call during normal business hours I hung up.
I then went out and cut the line off the neighbor's house and wrapped it around the telephone poll. (2)

Good enough.

NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: If you must know, I was trimming the tree and the branch got all Leroy Jenkins on the phone line.
2: My neighbor said this would be fine since they don't have land line service.

Sparko
04-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Not too many people even use land lines any more. I think they have gone the way of the dinosaur. That is probably why you couldn't get anyone to listen, except a computer and a guy in India.

Meh Gerbil
04-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Not too many people even use land lines any more. I think they have gone the way of the dinosaur. That is probably why you couldn't get anyone to listen, except a computer and a guy in India.
Thank heavens for India.

Faber
04-11-2017, 11:57 AM
One of my trees knocked down the neighbor's phone line. (1)
My neighbor is elderly and in a nursing home but I still felt bad about the line.

You should feel sorry for the poor tree.

rogue06
04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Not too many people even use land lines any more. I think they have gone the way of the dinosaur.
:hi:

I hate cell phones

Meh Gerbil
04-11-2017, 12:41 PM

I hate cell phones
You are a good person, rogue.

Sparko
04-11-2017, 12:45 PM

I hate cell phones

Like I said. Dinosaurs. :trex1:

Meh Gerbil
04-12-2017, 06:18 AM
Like I said. Dinosaurs. :trex1:
If I had a tail that I could shake like that you'd not be able to keep me off the dance floor.

rogue06
04-12-2017, 06:36 AM
If I had a tail that I could shake like that you'd not be able to keep me off the dance floor.
That's nothing :trex2:

You should see my other moves :cool:

:trex3: 21865

It's okay to be jealous.