PDA

View Full Version : Is it a sin...

mossrose
04-11-2017, 01:46 PM
...to look up the answers to your crossword puzzle?

Mr. mossy seems to think so.

But that doesn't explain why he always asks me for help..........

:noid:

Meh Gerbil
04-11-2017, 01:52 PM
You've presented us with a complex theological question.

It isn't a sin to look up an answer to a crossword puzzle; however, it is a sin to have the New York Times crossword puzzle in your home. If you do have a copy of the New York Times in your home you should look up the answers to the puzzle and do so very quickly, before the fire and brimstone hit.

mossrose
04-11-2017, 01:56 PM
You've presented us with a complex theological question.

It isn't a sin to look up an answer to a crossword puzzle; however, it is a sin to have the New York Times crossword puzzle in your home. If you do have a copy of the New York Times in your home you should look up the answers to the puzzle and do so very quickly, before the fire and brimstone hit.

We do NOT have any part of the New York Times.

Not even the comics.

:whew:

Christianbookworm
04-11-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't see how it could be a sin...

mossrose
04-11-2017, 02:02 PM

It's not. I'm just trying to get Gerbz going.

:hug:

rogue06
04-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Not even the comics.

The New York Times Sunday crossword puzzles are some of the best. I have several relatives who do them -- in ink. Myself, I always put my answers in very faintly in pencil until I'm sure it is correct. One day I was going through rapidly filling in the ones I had put in faintly when one of my cousins (one of the aforementioned ink users) noticed and sneered about how that I can't just put any letters in, that they have to be right. I looked up, scowled and replied that they're right. I left him shocked because he thought I was actually going through the crossword puzzle that quickly :hehe: Served the smug %$@#‽ right.

Sparko
04-11-2017, 02:20 PM
What's a three letter word for "transgression?"

Trout
04-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Totally a dirty sin.

You should be doing something nice for me or repenting because you aren't.

There are no time for games.

Catholicity
04-11-2017, 02:56 PM
I love the NY times crosswords. I do pretty well with them yes even the Sunday one. Its an algorithm they use and once you have solved enough of them its easy to start figuring it out.

Cow Poke
04-11-2017, 03:00 PM

I suppose that could depend on where the answers are kept.

rogue06
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
I suppose that could depend on where the answers are kept.
In a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today.

Good to see you around. Don't tell mossy but I miss ya.

Trout
04-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Pro Tip: the drama club is the place people drop serious theological dilemmas and they know they'll get crystal clear answers.

KingsGambit
04-11-2017, 03:20 PM

Not even the comics.

You're in luck, the New York Times doesn't have comics.

mossrose
04-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Totally a dirty sin.

You should be doing something nice for me or repenting because you aren't.

There are no time for games.

I aren't what?

The Melody Maker
04-11-2017, 07:17 PM
Mr. mossy seems to think so.

Mr. mossy typically tries (for purposes of humor) to cheat when playing games, so this greatly surprises me. :stunned:

mossrose
04-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Mr. mossy typically tries (for purposes of humor) to cheat when playing games, so this greatly surprises me. :stunned:

He doesn't really think it's a sin. But he is highly reluctant to look up the answer in the answer section.

So he asks me instead. And sometimes he asks you!

I was just trying to make a funny thread here.

:teeth:

The Melody Maker
04-11-2017, 07:55 PM
He doesn't really think it's a sin. But he is highly reluctant to look up the answer in the answer section.

So he asks me instead. And sometimes he asks you!

I was just trying to make a funny thread here.

:teeth:

I know. This is coming from someone who cheats regularly when playing video games. :teeth:

mossrose
04-11-2017, 08:04 PM
I know. This is coming from someone who cheats regularly when playing video games. :teeth:

:stunned:

I am shocked. Shocked, I say.

mossrose
04-11-2017, 09:01 PM

This all reminds me of this:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?1533-9-million-pictures-of-my-grandbaby!&p=252071&viewfull=1#post252071

Meh Gerbil
04-12-2017, 03:38 AM
So we learned that mossy's house is a den full of unrepentant cheaters.
Is that common in Canada?

rogue06
04-12-2017, 05:33 AM
I think it's required.

Meh Gerbil
04-12-2017, 05:42 AM
I think it's required.
^--- I weep for the pain you cause mossrose.

rogue06
04-12-2017, 06:41 AM
^--- I weep for the pain you cause mossrose.
Laughing so hard that you're crying is just plain cruel :no:

You're a bad rodent.

mossrose
04-12-2017, 07:05 AM

Apparently you haven't noticed the kind of government we have here. Both provincially and federally.

Den of liars, cheaters, thieves, indeed.

Sparko
04-12-2017, 07:12 AM
It is not cheating. It is research.

Carrikature
04-12-2017, 11:36 AM
It seems like it defeats the point of a crossword if you have to look up the answers. It's like playing Jeapordy. The goal isn't getting everything right, but seeing how well you can do.

Sparko
04-12-2017, 12:01 PM
It seems like it defeats the point of a crossword if you have to look up the answers. It's like playing Jeapordy. The goal isn't getting everything right, but seeing how well you can do.I guess if you looked up EVERY answer that would be true. but sometimes you get stuck. Then not only can you continue, but you actually learned something new by "looking up the answer"

Cuz if you KNOW all the answers, then you all you are doing is showing off. If you don't know them, and have to look them up, then you are actually learning.

Carrikature
04-12-2017, 12:21 PM
I guess if you looked up EVERY answer that would be true. but sometimes you get stuck. Then not only can you continue, but you actually learned something new by "looking up the answer"

Cuz if you KNOW all the answers, then you all you are doing is showing off. If you don't know them, and have to look them up, then you are actually learning.

Yeah, but sometimes the questions I don't know are things I don't care to know. USA Today asked a bunch of tennis player questions. Who cares.

Sparko
04-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but sometimes the questions I don't know are things I don't care to know. USA Today asked a bunch of tennis player questions. Who cares.YOU should care! Because it is good to know trivia. One day you might find yourself in a fight for your life in a game of trivia pursuit. A gunman might be holding a gun to your head and make you answer a sports question about tennis players. And you might end up going "Doh!!! I could have looked that up when it was in the crossword puzzle!" and then BANG! no more carrot.

Jedidiah
04-12-2017, 12:34 PM
YOU should care! Because it is good to know trivia. One day you might find yourself in a fight for your life in a game of trivia pursuit. A gunman might be holding a gun to your head and make you answer a sports question about tennis players. And you might end up going "Doh!!! I could have looked that up when it was in the crossword puzzle!" and then BANG! no more carrot.

I was always pretty good at Trivial Pursuit, except when it came to sports . . . BANG and goodbye.

Carrikature
04-12-2017, 12:41 PM
YOU should care! Because it is good to know trivia. One day you might find yourself in a fight for your life in a game of trivia pursuit. A gunman might be holding a gun to your head and make you answer a sports question about tennis players. And you might end up going "Doh!!! I could have looked that up when it was in the crossword puzzle!" and then BANG! no more carrot.

My geometry teacher in high school always finished a lesson with "So now, if you're walking down the street and someone stops to ask you [question related to topic], you can answer it!"

That's literally never happened.

Sparko
04-12-2017, 12:43 PM
I was always pretty good at Trivial Pursuit, except when it came to sports . . . BANG and goodbye.You should cheat at more crossword puzzles.

Sparko
04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
My geometry teacher in high school always finished a lesson with "So now, if you're walking down the street and someone stops to ask you [question related to topic], you can answer it!"

That's literally never happened.

You never know when you need to know what the square of a hypotenuse is. It could save your life.

Carrikature
04-12-2017, 12:56 PM
You never know when you need to know what the square of a hypotenuse is. It could save your life.

I didn't say I didn't know it. :smug:

Sparko
04-12-2017, 01:19 PM
I didn't say I didn't know it. :smug:

I bet she did.