PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Indians

Trout
04-14-2017, 07:26 AM
Having rooted for the hapless Indians for close to five decades I know the pain of loss.

Three times in my lifetime they've been on the verge of winning it all, three times they've disappointed.

At this point, it's my heart's desire that they don't win it all I'm my lifetime. I think it's better to experience the ultimate of sports let-downs than taste in victory. If they did win, I'd have nothing left to look forward to.

That said ...

As a native American, I'm saddened to hear news that they will be phasing out chief Wahoo. Perhaps the greatest mascot/logo in all of sports. It seems political correctness demands a rewrite of a cherished icon.

I don't even know if I'll be able to continue following baseball should such an injustice occur. I know it's trivial in a world on the brink of the apocalypse, but it's the little things that keep me sane.

Meh Gerbil
04-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Satan demands conformity.

Sparko
04-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Having rooted for the hapless Indians for close to five decades I know the pain of loss.

Three times in my lifetime they've been on the verge of winning it all, three times they've disappointed.

At this point, it's my heart's desire that they don't win it all I'm my lifetime. I think it's better to experience the ultimate of sports let-downs than taste in victory. If they did win, I'd have nothing left to look forward to.

That said ...

As a native American, I'm saddened to hear news that they will be phasing out chief Wahoo. Perhaps the greatest mascot/logo in all of sports. It seems political correctness demands a rewrite of a cherished icon.

I don't even know if I'll be able to continue following baseball should such an injustice occur. I know it's trivial in a world on the brink of the apocalypse, but it's the little things that keep me sane.

I eagerly await the name change to "The Cleveland Racists who pretend to be Native Americans"

Littlejoe
04-14-2017, 01:19 PM
As a Texas Ranger fan...I feel your pain! :sigh:

Jedidiah
04-14-2017, 01:49 PM
You are talking baseball, right?

rogue06
04-14-2017, 04:49 PM

That said ...

Kinda ironic that one of the times the Indians almost won it all they were beaten by the Braves (which is the only time they won it all).

KingsGambit
04-15-2017, 03:41 PM
The Cleveland Indians were not the last AL Central team to win the World Series. :smug:

rogue06
04-15-2017, 04:29 PM
The Cleveland Indians were not the last AL Central team to win the World Series. :smug:
More than one from that division has won the World Series since the Indians last won in 1948.