PDA

View Full Version : Not all heroes wear capes

Darth Executor
04-28-2017, 08:41 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4322864/Man-flees-dates-bill-comes-claims-latest-victim.html

A California woman has become the latest victim of alleged dine-and-dash-dater, who is accused of repeatedly skipping out on dates before the bill arrives.
The woman, who does not want to be named, said she unwittingly joined LA's most exclusive - and miserable - club on Sunday, when Paul Gonzales fled after eating a small feast at BJ's in Pasadena.
The woman met the handsome Gonzales on the dating app Bumble, and said he sent flattering texts before inviting her to dinner.

Perhaps she should have been wary when he ordered around $50 of food for himself alone: 'A glass of Pinot, a Caesar salad with a side of shrimp, a steak, and a baked potato.'
That's $50 of food - not including tax and tip.
With just half a potato left to go, Gonzales excused himself to take a call on his cell phone - and never returned.

This proud myn (I refuse to spell myn as m*n because it sounds too much like w***n) has avenged centuries of injustice, one baked potato at a time. The church should consider making him the patron saint of eternal justice or something.

Meh Gerbil
04-28-2017, 08:45 AM
I tried this once... with my wife.
It doesn't work when the woman has the keys to the car.

rogue06
04-28-2017, 08:47 AM
I tried this once... with my wife.
It doesn't work when the woman has the keys to the car.
I'm busy picturing all the apparatus required for a gerbil to drive a car.

Sparko
04-28-2017, 09:29 AM
Did she just assume he was paying for dinner?

mossrose
04-28-2017, 09:43 AM
I would assume he would at least pay for his own. I certainly would be prepared to pay for my own.

Sparko
04-28-2017, 10:12 AM
Police also say he committed a “snip-and-ditch” when security video caught him leaving a hair salon with his smock on after getting a cut and color last year.

According to the L.A. County District Attorney’s office, 44-year-old Gonzales has two bench warrants out for his arrest after not showing up to court for petty theft and driving without a valid license. Records show he’s already been to jail several times for misdemeanor arrests.

One of the women says the restaurant was nice enough to comp Gonzales’ meal. She just had to pay for his glass of wine. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dine-and-dash-dater-los-angeles-multiple-victims/

mikewhitney
04-28-2017, 11:01 AM
a simple misunderstanding as to who would pay for the meal. now being treated as theft

Sparko
04-28-2017, 11:10 AM
seems odd the police can't seem to find this guy but they know his name, age, have his photo, etc. Don't they have computers in Grand Rapids? look up his dang address. Send some cops to arrest his butt.

Darth Executor
04-28-2017, 03:25 PM
seems odd the police can't seem to find this guy but they know his name, age, have his photo, etc. Don't they have computers in Grand Rapids? look up his dang address. Send some cops to arrest his butt.

Might be a fake name.

Meh Gerbil
04-28-2017, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslFCFTUXQU

Sparko
04-29-2017, 09:15 AM
Might be a fake name.
could be, but reading various stories it sounded like the police think it is his real name and age and they know what he looks like and since he hangs out on dating sites they should be able to find him and set up a sting or something. running out on dates might not be illegal but he seems to run out on paying for other things like haircuts, which is illegal