PDA

View Full Version : Should we invade New Zealand?

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 05:13 AM
The question before us today is whether or not the U.S.A should invade New Zealand and free her people.

Starlight
05-02-2017, 05:27 AM
Obviously. Trump once tried to open a business here, but the people who did the due diligence on him were like "um, you look broke and incompetent, so no", so he probably wants to bomb us for that. I'm sure a US carrier group is already on the way.*

* i.e. sailing in the wrong direction as we speak, like the one going to Korea.

P.S. the original zeeland is a province in the Netherlands, as a Dutch explorer named Abel Tasman sailed his ship around this part of the world and named some stuff. Australia was originally called New Holland. The dutch then sailed happily on home and then the British came and settled the region a century or two later.

P.P.S. you're not allowed to nuke us because it's illegal. Detonating a nuclear bomb in NZ for any reason makes you liable to a fine of $1 million. True fact.

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Obviously. Trump once tried to open a business here, but the people who did the due diligence on him were like "um, you look broke and incompetent, so no", so he probably wants to bomb us for that. I'm sure a US carrier group is already on the way.*Trump was rejected by the children of convicts?
It's like the key to success is to be exiled, or something.

P.S. the original zeeland is a province in the Netherlands, as a Dutch explorer named Abel Tasman sailed his ship around this part of the world and named some stuff. Australia was originally called New Holland. The dutch then sailed happily on home and then the British came and settled the region a century or two later.I'd believe you but you didn't even know about the Murchison incident.
How can I trust your knowledge of New Zealand's history?

P.P.S. you're not allowed to nuke us because it's illegal. Detonating a nuclear bomb in NZ for any reason makes you liable to a fine of $1 million. True fact.
That's true, but the savings on the tax write off are enormous.

Bill the Cat
05-02-2017, 06:15 AM
It would only take 3 soldiers with BB guns.

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 06:21 AM
It would only take 3 soldiers with BB guns.
I can see you've been giving this some thought.
How about you head up the campaign?

Bill the Cat
05-02-2017, 06:24 AM
I can see you've been giving this some thought.
How about you head up the campaign?

I'm retired. Plus, that would mean I'd be close to Starfruit. Not sure I could withstand the sucking sound of his vacuous stupidity.

rogue06
05-02-2017, 06:30 AM
The question before us today is whether or not the U.S.A should invade New Zealand and free her people.
No oil there.

mossrose
05-02-2017, 06:47 AM
NZ would be worth invading just for it's scenery. Waterfalls, beaches, earthquakes, etc.

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 06:54 AM
NZ would be worth invading just for it's scenery. Waterfalls, beaches, earthquakes, etc.
Anything to distract us from invading Canada?

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 07:01 AM
I'm retired. Plus, that would mean I'd be close to Starfruit. Not sure I could withstand the sucking sound of his vacuous stupidity.
You'd get to shoot him with a BB gun.
That has got to be worth something.

BTW, lest that sound overly threatening, my father tells me that when he was a young man he and his friends would hunt each other on the farm with BB guns. Tell me that wouldn't be big fun - they weren't wearing eye protection either!

mossrose
05-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Anything to distract us from invading Canada?

Heck, no! Come on up! I've got a nasty little PM as well as a Premier that need conservatizing!

Sparko
05-02-2017, 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUYbI64QHI

Zymologist
05-02-2017, 09:06 AM

There's no option in the poll for "Only if the obviously unbiased and more intelligent foreigners think we should."

Jedidiah
05-02-2017, 09:49 AM

The Mouse That Roared?

Jedidiah
05-02-2017, 09:50 AM
BTW, lest that sound overly threatening, my father tells me that when he was a young man he and his friends would hunt each other on the farm with BB guns. Tell me that wouldn't be big fun - they weren't wearing eye protection either!

Kids in my neighborhood used to have BB gun fights. No protection of any sort, and no serious injuries.

rogue06
05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Kids in my neighborhood used to have BB gun fights. No protection of any sort, and no serious injuries.
Same here except my dad always had a bunch of safety goggles for when he would cut wood on his table saw which we would all use. Then one day one of us (I think it was one of the Izzi boys) got a BB lodged under his skin and his mom took them to the doctor (who's office was in his house on the next street over). This led to our mom's putting an end to such shenanigans. Of course this was also around the time we started surreptitiously carrying real firearms when we went into the forest on the other side of the railroad tracks.

One Bad Pig
05-02-2017, 10:20 AM
One of these things is not like the others. :shifty:

Sparko
05-02-2017, 10:36 AM

been there, did that. Of course we didn't have CO2 powered air rifles then either. Just Daisy pump action BB guns.

mossrose
05-02-2017, 11:56 AM
One of these things is not like the others. :shifty:

You caught that, did you?

Starlight
05-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Trump was rejected by the children of convicts?You're thinking of Australia.

Anything to distract us from invading Canada?Canada has nice scenery, especially in Mossrose's state. Go invade her.
http://www.stmarysparishbanff.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Banff.National.Park_.original.1975.jpg

Oh wait, America already tried invading Canada and lost... :lol:

Starlight
05-02-2017, 04:23 PM
And Vancouver is one of the prettiest cities in the world, you should go invade it... if you can.

http://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1486505969/clients/vancouverbc/Aerial_Sunset_Vancouver_d3_copy_1bb86ed0-1edc-4cda-841d-0b033ca0bb72.jpg

Meh Gerbil
05-02-2017, 04:46 PM
I think Starlight is making some pretty good arguments here.
We might have to take Canada and New Zealand.

We're Americans.
We deserve all of it.

mossrose
05-02-2017, 04:54 PM
I think Starlight is making some pretty good arguments here.
We might have to take Canada and New Zealand.

We're Americans.
We deserve all of it.

The scenery alone would be worth it.

Beaches, waterfalls, little earthquakes, etc.

Sparko
05-03-2017, 06:09 AM
The scenery alone would be worth it.

Beaches, waterfalls, little earthquakes, etc.

Don't forget dragons and hobbits.

mossrose
05-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Don't forget dragons and hobbits.

Canada doesn't have any of those.

Oh, wait, you mean PM Trudeau and Premier Notley, don't you?

Silly me!

rogue06
05-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Canada doesn't have any of those.

Oh, wait, you mean PM Trudeau and Premier Notley, don't you?

Silly me!
I thought they were trolls

mossrose
05-03-2017, 05:24 PM
I thought they were trolls

That, too.

Starlight
05-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Hmm, article today (http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/92210672/wellington-beats-edinburgh-melbourne-as-best-place-to-live) says our capital city here just got ranked as the best city in the world to live in.
https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/f/p/v/q/j/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x349. 1iwe7k.png/1493856012620.jpg

I have to question that though, (1) because the city is infamously super-windy, (2) I'm not sure NZers would rank that city as the best to live here, and (3) cold and foggy Edinburgh is number 2??? (although most of their top-10 list seems okay... I know very little about Ottawa and Boston, but I'd be happy living in any of the others)
1. Wellington, New Zealand
2. Edinburgh, Scotland
3. Vienna, Austria
4. Melbourne, Australia
5. Zurich, Switzerland
6. Copenhagen, Denmark
7. Ottawa, Canada
8. Boston, United States
9. Amsterdam, Netherlands
10. Sydney, Australia

mossrose
05-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Ottawa?

Pfft.

Starlight
05-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Ottawa?Yeah, Canada, like Scotland, is too cold to live in.

Raphael
05-03-2017, 07:20 PM

to be honest, I don't think the average Yankee could find any non-US location on a map, so I think there is no real threat of invasion.

rogue06
05-04-2017, 01:10 AM
to be honest, I don't think the average Yankee could find any non-US location on a map, so I think there is no real threat of invasion.
We learn geography through invasion :smug:

I doubt that 10% of us could have found Afghanistan on a map before 2001.

rogue06
05-04-2017, 01:11 AM
And Vancouver is one of the prettiest cities in the world, you should go invade it... if you can.

http://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1486505969/clients/vancouverbc/Aerial_Sunset_Vancouver_d3_copy_1bb86ed0-1edc-4cda-841d-0b033ca0bb72.jpg
Nearly a third of the city would be too stoned to notice until a week after it was over.

Starlight
05-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Nearly a third of the city would be too stoned to notice until a week after it was over.That's okay, the US ships would have sailed in the wrong direction anyway when Trump's dementia addled brain told them to go make Venezuela great again.

rogue06
05-04-2017, 11:51 AM
That's okay, the US ships would have sailed in the wrong direction anyway when Trump's dementia addled brain told them to go make Venezuela great again.
While I've made it clear I'm not a fan of Trump's it really tickles me pink to watch the left sink deeper and deeper into mindless hysterics because of him.

One Bad Pig
05-04-2017, 11:53 AM
While I've made it clear I'm not a fan of Trump's it really tickles me pink to watch the left sink deeper and deeper into mindless hysterics because of him.
:yes: Always look on the bright side of life.