Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Progressive hucksters SPLC and ADL dropped by FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive hucksters SPLC and ADL dropped by FBI

http://washingtonexaminer.com/shocke...rticle/2546305

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which has labeled several Washington, D.C.-based family organizations as "hate groups" for favoring traditional marriage, has been dumped as a "resource" on the FBI's Hate Crime Web page, a significant rejection of the influential legal group.

The Web page scrubbing, which also included eliminating the Anti-Defamation League, was not announced and came in the last month after 15 family groups pressed Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director James Comey to stop endorsing a group -- SPLC -- that inspired a recent case of domestic terrorism at the Family Research Council.
    A small step in slaying the anti-racism behemoth but a welcomed one nevertheless.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah what she said.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Praise be to God. A bunch of small steps can do just as much good as one large step.

Comment

This is probably a good step but as far the excuse making by the murderer: "They made me do it" sounds indicative of a failure to take responsibility for one's own actions. Nobody made you commit murder.

Also, this isn't the battle pro-lifers should want to pick. It'll boomerang back next time somebody shoots up an abortion clinic and the media goes into his web posting history and sees he was a commenter on pro-life blogs and such.
          Last edited by KingsGambit; 03-30-2014, 07:32 PM.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            This is probably a good step but as far the excuse making by the murderer: "They made me do it" sounds indicative of a failure to take responsibility for one's own actions. Nobody made you commit murder.

Also, this isn't the battle pro-lifers should want to pick. It'll boomerang back next time somebody shoots up an abortion clinic and the media goes into his web posting history and sees he was a commenter on pro-life blogs and such.
            Pro-lifers already get blamed every time someone shoots up an abortion clinic (which, I might add, hardly ever actually happens). The SPLC has done that, so it's only fair to subject them to their own rules. Your advice should have been aimed at them instead.
            Last edited by Darth Executor; 03-30-2014, 08:10 PM.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Pro-lifers already get blamed every time someone shoots up an abortion clinic (which, I might add, hardly ever actually happens). The SPLC has done that, so it's only fair to subject them to their own rules. Your advice should have been aimed at them instead.
              If we're talking about frequency, AFAIK this is a first time occurrence and there have been multiple incidents at abortion clinics. The very basic point is that we ought not to do what we decry others for doing to us.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If we're talking about frequency, AFAIK this is a first time occurrence
                Nah.

and there have been multiple incidents at abortion clinics. The very basic point is that we ought not to do what we decry others for doing to us.
                I don't agree. In war you don't decry the enemy shooting at you and refuse to shoot back. You definitely shoot back. That's not even optional. If it makes you feel hypocritical to then decry them for shooting at you then feel free not to, but that's just good tactics which is why pro-choicers do it.

Comment

Media firestorm or not, there's a great deal of overlap in most of these issues, as the vanquishing of the West offers something for everyone:

Blacks get a (temporary) first world lifestyle and front-row seat at hated whitey’s funeral. Jews get gentile minorities. Muslims get an expansion of Dar Al Islam. Mestizos get Reconquista. Asians/Indians get HB-1 visas, tech jobs, and elite university slots. And of course The Rich get consumers and The Stupid get democrat voters.

There are no losers here. It’s a win-win-win-win-win-win-win situation!

Our only friends and allies…are us. We will survive or perish based on our own initiative and will to do the former. We can not expect, and will not receive, aid or comfort from any other quarter save our own people. As someone perhaps once said: We will hang together or we will assuredly hang separately.
                  And abortionists get lots of money in poor neighborhoods and lots of respect in rich/overeducated liberal neighborhoods, if we wish to add another win to the alliance of the extreme rich and poor against the center. But in general, the pro-abortion attitude generally doesn't fall on the 'live righteously, justly, fairly, and soberly, in harmony with all men' band of the political or moral spectrum, so you probably won't have to worry about them accusing you of hypocrisy or hidden motives, as it's always been a posture with them rather than a belief. It is right for normal people to feel great and murderous anger when seeing or hearing of innocent children slaughtered by the caprice of their mothers and the blank greed and opportunism of their doctors, but, much like the wholly justified anger felt at the perpetrators of black crime, it's expression in action is suppressed by the full physical, intellectual, and spiritual force of the rulers of the present age.

The attitude taken by those whose moral sense has not been denuded by decades of state propaganda will be much less forgiving of this and quite a few other issues which have been allowed to fester unopposed, but the first thing is to fight for the world where that sense can rule.
                  Last edited by Epoetker; 03-31-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

If we're talking about frequency, AFAIK this is a first time occurrence and there have been multiple incidents at abortion clinics. The very basic point is that we ought not to do what we decry others for doing to us.
                    You are very wrong here. SPLC has a very long history of doing very not good things. And this is far from the first time (DE covered this already, I see).
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

*emphasis mine

Um, what? You lost me - I don't remember anything about that in the article.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        *emphasis mine

Um, what? You lost me - I don't remember anything about that in the article.
                        I didn't actually read the article. It was the impression I got from what I've read elsewhere on the subject. I don't think he actually literally blamed them; I'm just noting it as a part of a general failure for people to take responsibility for their actions.

Comment

I will say, though, that I reject the comparison I've seen online that "they were as complicit as Priceline was in 9/11".

Comment