PDA

View Full Version : -=| The Drama Club |=- Profitability

Meh Gerbil
06-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Greetings:

As many of you know the finances of -=| The Drama Club |=- have been in total disarray. I blame myself for letting Trout keep the books. I had no idea he was investing most of our assets in a panda smuggling scheme. As it turns out, although they're really cute they make terrible pets. The bills have been piling up and things are getting desperate. I received a death threat from our veterinarian.

In order to create a greater influx of cash I've decided to repurpose -=| The Drama Club |=- as a TWEB WikiLeaks forum.
We'll monetize the venture by taking cash payments to not release damaging information.
Monthly subscription plans will be available - we've already plans to add auctions later (you can outbid someone's attempt to keep the info private).

If you have information on TWEB, its staff, or its members please forward that information to me for safe keeping.

- Meh Gerbil

Meh Gerbil
06-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Notice:
I'd like to thank the early adopters for the influx of photos, police reports, and medical examiner's reports generated by mossrose's lost weekend in Cancun.
While I appreciate the enthusiasm those photographs are already a part of the public domain.

Thanks.

firstfloor
06-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Greetings:

As many of you know the finances of -=| The Drama Club |=- have been in total disarray. I blame myself for letting Trout keep the books. I had no idea he was investing most of our assets in a panda smuggling scheme. As it turns out, although they're really cute they make terrible pets. The bills have been piling up and things are getting desperate. I received a death threat from our veterinarian.

In order to create a greater influx of cash I've decided to repurpose -=| The Drama Club |=- as a TWEB WikiLeaks forum.
We'll monetize the venture by taking cash payments to not release damaging information.
Monthly subscription plans will be available - we've already plans to add auctions later (you can outbid someone's attempt to keep the info private).

If you have information on TWEB, its staff, or its members please forward that information to me for safe keeping.

- Meh GerbilIt looks like you might be onto a winner at last. The idea of a deliberately leaky sanctuary is not new but I am not sure that you should advertise that particular detail of the scheme if you expect it to succeed. A bit of subterfuge is usually needed of practitioners of the ancient art of blackmail.

Meh Gerbil
06-06-2017, 12:40 PM
It looks like you might be onto a winner at last. The idea of a deliberately leaky sanctuary is not new but I am not sure that you should advertise that particular detail of the scheme if you expect it to succeed. A bit of subterfuge is usually needed of practitioners of the ancient art of blackmail.
WHOA there buddy, uh...nobody said anything about the big old 'B' word.

That would be illegal.
I'm talking information management.

Look, you pay to back up your computer to OneDrive or DropBox.
You pay those guys to keep your private information safe from prying eyes.
-=| The Drama Club |=- is offering a very similar service.

Sheesh, way to misread my post, firstfloor.

firstfloor
06-06-2017, 04:49 PM
WHOA there buddy, uh...nobody said anything about the big old 'B' word.

That would be illegal.
I'm talking information management.

Look, you pay to back up your computer to OneDrive or DropBox.
You pay those guys to keep your private information safe from prying eyes.
-=| The Drama Club |=- is offering a very similar service.

Sheesh, way to misread my post, firstfloor.Yeah, I must have been reading between the lines, as they say, got the wrong end of the stick and so on. Not to worry, your secret is safe with me (for a modest commission, wink, wink).

Sparko
06-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Gerbz, I have a photo essay of you in a compromising position with a burrito, some call girls, and a yellow balloon. How much will you pay me to allow you to store that in your vault?

Meh Gerbil
06-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Gerbz, I have a photo essay of you in a compromising position with a burrito, some call girls, and a yellow balloon. How much will you pay me to allow you to store that in your vault?
We'll store that for free.

Sparko
06-07-2017, 09:04 AM
We'll store that for free.

Yeah but I won't give it to you for free. But I will give it to the public for free if you don't pay me to store it. You can even use it in your marketing as proof of how good you can keep things secure and they will never get out!! :thumb:

As a 'taste' here is one of your 'friends' who was with you during the burrito incident.

Darth Executor
06-07-2017, 04:02 PM

I was wondering how many posts it would take before gerbil's latest scam ended up not just producing nothing but actually costing HIM money. He didn't even get to the second page. :no:

Meh Gerbil
06-07-2017, 05:22 PM
I was wondering how many posts it would take before gerbil's latest scam ended up not just producing nothing but actually costing HIM money. He didn't even get to the second page. :no:
My problem is I need some sort of enforcement... the ability to strong arm people into line.
Any ideas?

mossrose
06-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I've never even been to Cancun.

:frown:

Jedidiah
06-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Don't worry, Gerbz will stir up something.

mossrose
06-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Don't worry, Gerbz will stir up something.

Thanks.

I think.......

rogue06
06-08-2017, 02:56 AM

It was a lost weekend long, long ago so you don't remember it but it led to the extinction of the dinosaurs when you didn't get your Mai Tai or Pena Colada (see Chicxulub crater (http://assets.atlasobscura.com/media/W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL0NoaWN4dWx1Yl 9NYXAtMS0uanBnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCJ4MzkwPiJdLFsi cCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcXVhbGl0eSA5MSAtYXV0by1vcmllbn QiXV0/Chicxulub_Map-1-.jpg))

Sparko
06-08-2017, 07:27 AM

well I AM a pirate. It's my job to take other's money. Kinda like a politician.

Sparko
06-08-2017, 07:27 AM
My problem is I need some sort of enforcement... the ability to strong arm people into line.
Any ideas?Tout? no. you banned him.

I guess you are out of luck.

mossrose
06-08-2017, 07:57 AM
It was a lost weekend long, long ago so you don't remember it but it led to the extinction of the dinosaurs when you didn't get your Mai Tai or Pena Colada (see Chicxulub crater (http://assets.atlasobscura.com/media/W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL0NoaWN4dWx1Yl 9NYXAtMS0uanBnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCJ4MzkwPiJdLFsi cCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcXVhbGl0eSA5MSAtYXV0by1vcmllbn QiXV0/Chicxulub_Map-1-.jpg))

So the coroner's report will be on some dead dino, then?

One Bad Pig
06-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Given how far off her aim was, she'd already had a few. They probably ran out of pineapple juice, and she couldn't stand to wait for them to squeeze some more.

mossrose
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
:bawl:

rogue06
06-08-2017, 01:34 PM
well I AM a pirate. It's my job to take other's money. Kinda like a politician.
Pirates are more... um, honorable about it. They don't lie about their intent, pretending that they're trying to help you.

rogue06
06-08-2017, 01:35 PM
:bawl:
:hug:

The Melody Maker
06-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Borrowing The Pin™ momentarily...
:pinsparky:

One Bad Pig
06-08-2017, 02:19 PM

:hrm: Why Sparko? General principles?

mossrose
06-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Be careful. There's one of you, too......

Sparko
06-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Your payment didn't arrive on time, so some anonymous Russian hacker sent the photos to wikileaks, Gerbil.

rogue06
06-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Your payment didn't arrive on time, so some anonymous Russian hacker sent the photos to wikileaks, Gerbil.
Who deleted it as spam since, let's face it, who really cares about a gerbil holding a yellow balloon rolling around on a plate full of burritos.

I told you that you should have dropped the rinky-dink stuff and led with the video of him in the hot tub with Hillary and Nancy Pelosi.

rogue06
06-08-2017, 02:33 PM

And this folks is why children should not be allowed access to dangerous items.

I'm writing my Congressman and demanding that he introduce a bill mandating trigger locks for any and all The PINs™

The Melody Maker
06-08-2017, 04:00 PM
:pigpin:

I just now learned about that one. :smile:

One Bad Pig
06-08-2017, 06:42 PM
:pigpin:

I just now learned about that one. :smile:
Eh, it's just a love tap. Notice how I can quickly shake off the effects.

rogue06
06-08-2017, 06:46 PM
What's :cool: is that it magically produces a pair of sunglasses on ya.

mossrose
06-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Notice how repeatedly you continue getting whacked.

Sparko
06-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Who deleted it as spam since, let's face it, who really cares about a gerbil holding a yellow balloon rolling around on a plate full of burritos.

I told you that you should have dropped the rinky-dink stuff and led with the video of him in the hot tub with Hillary and Nancy Pelosi.

well duh. I did mention the call girls, didn't I?

Sparko
06-09-2017, 10:27 AM
And this folks is why children should not be allowed access to dangerous items.

I'm writing my Congressman and demanding that he introduce a bill mandating trigger locks for any and all The PINs™

Indeed. Mossy is being irresponsible to just leave the Pin™ laying around where a child can get to it! We need much stricter Pin™ laws. Especially for Assault Pins™ like Mossy uses.

The Melody Maker
06-09-2017, 05:03 PM
:pinsparky: :pigpin:

I'm enjoying this while I can while the laws are lenient. :smug:

rogue06
06-09-2017, 05:15 PM

I'm enjoying this while I can while the laws are lenient. :smug:
I see that the penchant for violence runs in the family

mossrose
06-09-2017, 05:56 PM