PDA

View Full Version : I had a new and unusual experience today

Darth Executor
06-22-2017, 06:00 PM
After going to sleep at 2 in the monring I woke up at 10am this morning feeling well rested, which I immediately realized was strange and abnormal because I was supposed to wake up at 7 so I could make a 9am lab test. I eventually found my way to school where my professor expressed a considerable amount of shock that I wasn't dead or in the hospital. This is the first time in a long, long time that I've felt something I thought only other people experienced: shame. Is this what it's like to be you, gerbil? I'm not sure how you guys manage to live like this TBH.

rogue06
06-22-2017, 06:28 PM
I kinda thought he was shameless.

Teallaura
06-22-2017, 06:52 PM
:hug: There, there, it'll be fine.

Meh Gerbil
06-23-2017, 03:34 AM
After going to sleep at 2 in the monring I woke up at 10am this morning feeling well rested, which I immediately realized was strange and abnormal because I was supposed to wake up at 7 so I could make a 9am lab test. I eventually found my way to school where my professor expressed a considerable amount of shock that I wasn't dead or in the hospital. This is the first time in a long, long time that I've felt something I thought only other people experienced: shame. Is this what it's like to be you, gerbil? I'm not sure how you guys manage to live like this TBH.
A long time ago I realized that shame was actually my mind's attempt to process victimization of some sort.
After that I just started putting my energy in figuring out who to blame.

For example, your professor seems to run around scheduling lab tests with absolutely no regard whatsoever for your schedule or personal health.
Did he ask you when would be a good time to schedule the test?

I think not.

Cannot you see what is going on here?
By feeling shame the underlying issue isn't being addressed!
You're off feeling bad about yourself while the professor can continue scheduling tests at any ridiculous hour he wants - thereby victimizing other students!

The true SJW has no time for shame, my friend.

Sparko
06-23-2017, 04:42 AM
I thought shame was something you do, not feel. at least that's what the liberals tell me.

One Bad Pig
06-23-2017, 05:57 AM
You didn't need to comfort rogue like that.

Darth Executor
06-23-2017, 07:54 AM

Luckily, the prof let me take it anyway, so my mark won't crater from its already questionable position. The only harm was to my ego.

Meh Gerbil
06-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Luckily, the prof let me take it anyway, so my mark won't crater from its already questionable position. The only harm was to my ego.The thought of damage to your ego makes virgins cry.... or so I've been told.

Christianbookworm
06-23-2017, 10:48 AM
The thought of damage to your ego makes virgins cry.... or so I've been told.

I'm not crying!

Teallaura
06-23-2017, 11:42 AM
You didn't need to comfort rogue like that.

No, I usually comfort him with a 2x4 - or beer, whichever is handy.

Teallaura
06-23-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm not crying!
Me, neither...

:uhoh: Right this second...

Christianbookworm
06-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Me, neither...

:uhoh: Right this second...

Don't worry. DE can't actually pull our hair. Even though the silly boy thinks he can!