PDA

View Full Version : Is God a Super Man?

Bill the Cat
06-27-2017, 12:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJUA7955co

Sparko
06-27-2017, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't want to be a god myself. Way too much responsibility. It takes a lot of chutzpah to think you can be worthy of being God. Pretty much the sin of Satan, eh?

Jedidiah
06-28-2017, 11:28 AM
This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.

Sparko
06-28-2017, 11:44 AM
This shows one of the biggest failures of Mormonism. It does not at all explain the origins of man or the universe. It requires infinite regression.

if I remember what LDStrue or one of the other mormons said, is that there was an eternal state of just intelligences floating around (which are uncreated) and one "day" one of the intelligences somehow became a god and he then started the whole chain of events. He couldn't explain how you could have change in an eternal state (why didn't it happen earlier? later?) or how the god changed from an intelligence to a god, but everyone else has to go intelligence --> spirit baby --> human --> god or where the first god got his wife to make the spirit babies.