PDA

View Full Version : Trump Tweets

Starlight
07-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Trump's latest tweets attacking Joe and Mika have people once again shaking their heads. But I wanted to get TWeb's reaction to Trump's tweets in general.

Snippets of some of his greatest tweets:

"check out sex tape"
"Nobody has more respect for women than me!"
"Sorry, @Rosie is a mentally sick woman, a bully, and a dummy and, above all, a loser. Other than that she is just wonderful!"
".@BetteMidler talks about my hair but I'm not allowed to talk about her ugly face or body -- so I won't."
".@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision."
Cher, "I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries that didn't work."
Mika was "bleeding badly from a face-lift"
"I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo, because that would not be politically correct."
"Obama is, without question, the WORST EVER president. I predict he will now do something really bad and totally stupid to show manhood!"
"This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!"
"Wind turbines are ripping your country apart and killing tourism.Electric bills in Scotland are skyrocketing-stop the madness"
A federal judge is a "so-called judge"
"Any negative polls are fake news"
"It's freezing and snowing in New York--We need global warming!"
"I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally"
"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault"
"Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?"
"Do you think Putin will be going to the Miss Universe Pageant in November in Moscow - if so, will he become my new best friend?"
"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese"
"Steve Jobs dies and leaves his wife everything-billions of dollars. Now his wife has a boyfriend (lover). Oh Steve!"

TheWall
07-01-2017, 05:49 PM
I don't like the vitriol on any side. He has one of the hardest jobs ever. Leading a country. Now personally I wish he would just ignore his critics, and focus more on business deals, but this is the way it is. In short I feel like it is the Internet equivalent to tabloids.

Cow Poke
07-01-2017, 05:53 PM
... proof that he's his own worst enemy. (that wasn't one of your options)

One Bad Pig
07-01-2017, 05:54 PM
... proof that he's his own worst enemy. (that wasn't one of your options)

The poker of cows is not wrong.

KingsGambit
07-01-2017, 05:59 PM
This isn't going to hurt Trump. This is far from the worst thing he's said and every other time it's blown over within days. Trump himself said that he could murder somebody in cold blood on the street and his supporters wouldn't desert him. He was right.

rogue06
07-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Joe and Mika are far from the innocent little lambs that the MSM is trying to paint them as and are in many ways reaping what they sowed. Having said that I'd all be in favor of mandating a 48 hour waiting period on Trump's twitter account.

Starlight
07-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Having said that I'd all be in favor of mandating a 48 hour waiting period on Trump's twitter account.The GOP should appoint a Twitter baby sitter for him who has to approve the tweets he wants to post before they go up.

Cow Poke
07-01-2017, 08:01 PM
The GOP should appoint a Twitter baby sitter for him who has to approve the tweets he wants to post before they go up.

Not the GOP, but somebody.

rogue06
07-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Not the GOP, but somebody.
I figure that a 48 hour waiting period should suffice. It would give him sufficient time to ponder whether it is really something even worth responding to. If he still feels it is necessary... :nsm:

Cow Poke
07-01-2017, 08:27 PM
I figure that a 48 hour waiting period should suffice. It would give him sufficient time to ponder whether it is really something even worth responding to. If he still feels it is necessary... :nsm:

That was a valuable lesson my mom taught me back when we actually used to "write letters". She insisted, if you have something unpleasant to say, go ahead and write the letter, but don't mail it for 24 hours. Then sit and read it, and see if that's still what you want to say. RARELY did I send the letter "as is". :blush:

rogue06
07-01-2017, 08:39 PM
That was a valuable lesson my mom taught me back when we actually used to "write letters". She insisted, if you have something unpleasant to say, go ahead and write the letter, but don't mail it for 24 hours. Then sit and read it, and see if that's still what you want to say. RARELY did I send the letter "as is". :blush:
That reminds me of something one of our pastors said a few years back. He suggested that everyone write down all the things that are upsetting them now, put the list away and then read it a year from now. He said that you'll be surprised at how many of things on the list will seem trivial and not worth bothering over.

Sea of red
07-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Joe and Mika are far from the innocent little lambs that the MSM is trying to paint them as and are in many ways reaping what they sowed. Having said that I'd all be in favor of mandating a 48 hour waiting period on Trump's twitter account.
The difference between Joe/Mika and Donald Trump is that the latter has to make life and death decisions that involve the entire world. Part of being president is dealing with detractors. Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Obama, etc, all had to deal with it, and they rose above the nastiest stuff. That's what a president does, they LEAD by example and show restraint; Donald Trump is the opposite of restraint and leadership.

Starlight
07-01-2017, 09:37 PM
The difference between Joe/Mika and Donald Trump is that the latter has to make life and death decisions that involve the entire world. Part of being president is dealing with detractors. Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Obama, etc, all had to deal with it, and they rose above the nastiest stuff. That's what a president does, they LEAD by example and show restraint; Donald Trump is the opposite of restraint and leadership.Yup.

Say what you will about Obama (and what I would say is that he was politically weak and inept, should stand trial for war crimes, and is/was far too right-wing for my tastes) he managed to be and act presidential in a way the US hasn't really seen before in its modern history. He had a total of zero personal scandals in office and the worst Faux News could come up with against him was that he used mustard on the wrong food (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQYHHklRBtY) and once saluted soldiers while holding a latte (http://video.foxnews.com/v/3802791925001/?#sp=show-clips).

Obama's personal presidential behavior, charisma, intelligence, and thoughtfulness, made pretty much the entire rest of the Western world fall in love with him and say "I wish our country had a leader like that whom we could admire on a personal level." My dad had an Obama T-shirt, a non-US celebrity I know of had an Obama statue in his house, and Obama would always get cheering crowds across Europe.

In some ways his incredibly high level of presidential behavior, and the international respect that accrued towards America as a result, were unfortunate and bad for the world: Because it blinded people to just how bad his continuation of the Bush Era war policies were and how much of the Middle-Eastern and subsequent terrorism problems were being caused by US interventionism in the region. The US's "bomb-everywhere, destabilize the entire region and foster the growth of terrorism" policies that had been hated internationally under Bush, managed to fly under the international radar with Obama because he himself put a smiling face on them.

Anyway, that's getting far too serious for teh Dllama Clubb... so I think Trump would make for an above-average TWeb mod, does everyone agree? He should probably run the Drama club forum at least. It would give him something to do other than tweet and play golf in between signing things he doesn't understand.

Sparko
07-02-2017, 04:06 AM
The GOP should appoint a Twitter baby sitter for him who has to approve the tweets he wants to post before they go up.

this.

Sparko
07-02-2017, 04:11 AM

yeah I try to do this before I send any critical email, especially at work. I usually wait about an hour after writing it before sending it. same principal of "counting to 10 whenyou are angry" -- here on tweb it is also our rule to discuss reports among ourselves before deciding how to handle it for the same reason.

KingsGambit
07-02-2017, 05:12 PM
I used to suspect that Trump was intentionally making provocative tweets to distract from unpopular legislation he wanted proposed, but honestly he seems to tweet too impulsively to account for such a plan. (It's well documented that he tends to post about things that are being discussed on major news programs at that exact time, suggesting he's interacting with what he's watching on TV.)

Trout
07-02-2017, 05:14 PM
I love his Twitter feed

KingsGambit
07-02-2017, 05:20 PM
I don't actually use Twitter myself. :shrug:

One Bad Pig
07-03-2017, 12:09 PM
I don't actually use Twitter myself. :shrug:
Me either. If it weren't for journalists repeating his tweets (and making a huge deal out of them), I'd never see them.

Jedidiah
07-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Same here.

Cow Poke
07-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Me, too, neither.

Teallaura
07-03-2017, 08:10 PM
:eh:

Complaining that the guy acts like he always has seems rather silly to me.

NorrinRadd
07-04-2017, 03:39 AM
:eh:

Complaining that the guy acts like he always has seems rather silly to me.

Yep. We know candidates are going to be a bit "out there" when campaigning, but we also know they are not going to be *totally* different people once elected. I expect the oppressives to be apoplectic. I understand that many Republicans don't care for Trump -- He was not *my* first choice -- but still, they presumably voted for him, and I think it strange they now want him to magically be someone other than the guy they voted for.

Cow Poke
07-04-2017, 10:05 AM
It is kind of amusing, though, how Trump is getting his agenda accomplished, and killing Obama's agenda, and all the media cares about is his Twitterations! :smile:

Sparko
07-05-2017, 09:59 AM
well I contacted Trump and he thinks being a Tweb Moderator is a "very, very good idea" and so he will be joining the staff soon. He especially looks forward to moderating the foreigners, he said. He might want to impose immigration laws on tweb. I told him that we don't have any Mexicans, so he is going to go after the Canadians first.

Mossy better hide out for a while.

rogue06
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
well I contacted Trump and he thinks being a Tweb Moderator is a "very, very good idea" and so he will be joining the staff soon. He especially looks forward to moderating the foreigners, he said. He might want to impose immigration laws on tweb. I told him that we don't have any Mexicans, so he is going to go after the Canadians first.

Mossy better hide out for a while.

Sparko
07-05-2017, 11:20 AM

demi-conservative
07-06-2017, 04:51 PM
But I wanted to get TWeb's reaction to Trump's tweets in general.

Where is option of 'Making Trolling Great Again'???