Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Bear encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear encounter

Yesterday I got a call from my next door neighbor asking what to do about a black bear on her back porch. I went over and found it eating bird seed from a closed container she had on the porch. I chased it off with an air horn I brought for that purpose. Then swept up what seed I could from what the small black bear had spilled, and used her leaf blower to get rid of the rest. Life here in Alaska never gets dull. Well except this summer and the cloudy rainy weather.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Great neighbor you are. That is pretty wild stuff.

I'll have to remember that trick if I see a bear at the beach.

Comment

I ran a sow and two cubs off today so I could unload some water. I also used an air horn, the one in my water truck.

I saw those three bears and three others today. Crazy. Middle of the day.
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
        I ran a sow and two cubs off today so I could unload some water. I also used an air horn, the one in my water truck.

I saw those three bears and three others today. Crazy. Middle of the day.
        Slim pickings for food up in the high country?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Slim pickings for food up in the high country?
          I was at 10,000 ft
          The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

I was at 10,000 ft
            Then they must have thought you were food......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Yesterday I got a call from my next door neighbor asking what to do about a black bear on her back porch. I went over and found it eating bird seed from a closed container she had on the porch. I chased it off with an air horn I brought for that purpose. Then swept up what seed I could from what the small black bear had spilled, and used her leaf blower to get rid of the rest. Life here in Alaska never gets dull. Well except this summer and the cloudy rainy weather.
              Aren't you supposed to allow it to chase you into the cabin where somebody else can skin it?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Alaska sounds unbearable...
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Groan . . .
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

My work here is done!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I was at 10,000 ft
                      You really need to stop smoking that stuff

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Aren't you supposed to allow it to chase you into the cabin where somebody else can skin it?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCBxNfCy2_I

WHY can't I make videos work???

Comment

Me, either.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You mean, you can't embed them? Or you mean you can't watch them when posted?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X