PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw vs Basebat bat

Starlight
07-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Man injured after fight, of baseball bat vs chainsaw (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/94540239/man-in-serious-condition-after-fight-in-porirua).

See, America, if you don't have guns in your country, when people fight they have cool fights. Apparently the baseball bat won.

But I think it needs testing as to whether the baseball bat is the better weapon in general. I propose some TWeb cage matches between people armed with a chainsaw, and with a baseball bat. To spice things up further, we'll also allow chairs, knives, glass bottles, and a length of chain as weapon options.

To begin, it's Trout and Gerbil. Winner gets control of the Drama Club. Loser... well... gets whatever healthcare their country provides.

rogue06
07-08-2017, 09:09 PM
So was it something grown right there in New Zealand that you were smoking or was it imported from Thailand or something?

Sparko
07-10-2017, 05:50 AM
I dunno. Guns are pretty cool.

Bill the Cat
07-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Amateurs:

Oregon man fights police with toy light saber

Police say a Portland man assaulted at least three customers in a Toys R' Us store with a toy light saber on Dec. 14, 2011. The 33-year-old man, David Allen Canterbury, was taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation after the incident. CBS affiliate KVAL reports Sgt. Pete Simpson says officers found the man, still swinging the light saber, in the parking lot of the store. One officer tried to use a taser, but it proved ineffective. A second officer tried to stun the assailant with his Taser but Canterbury broke one of the wires on the device with the light saber. Simpson said the officers then wrestled the suspect to the ground as he yelled incoherent statements. Authorities said Canterbury received citations for three counts of assault, and one count each of disorderly conduct, theft, and resisting arrest.

Woman pelts robbers with fruit

On July 20, 2012, an 80-year-old Massachusetts woman fought off two robbers trying to hold up a New Bedford market by pelting them with fruit.
According to CBS Boston, Otilia Martins was working inside the market, which belongs to her son-in-law, when she saw two masked men holding up the clerk at gunpoint. Martins started pelting the men with mangoes and apples. One of the suspects responded by pistol whipping Martins before taking off. Martins' son-in-law, Manuel Nogueira, who owns the Continental Market, was outside at the time and heard the commotion, CBS Boston reports. He managed to chase down one of the suspects, identified by SouthCoastToday.com as 22-year-old Eduardo Torres-Lopez. Police reportedly found the other suspect, 24-year-old Jesse DosSantos, hiding in an apartment building, on the second floor where he lived.

The Melody Maker
07-11-2017, 12:46 PM
"Basebat"...? :hrm:

mossrose
07-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I dunno. Guns are pretty cool.

Did you know that Harrison Ford was sick in that scene?

From IMDB:

The famous scene in which Indy shoots a marauding and flamboyant swordsman was not in the original script. Harrison Ford was supposed to use his whip to get the sword out of his attacker's hands, but the food poisoning he and the rest of the crew had gotten made him too sick to perform the stunt. After several unsuccessful tries, Ford suggested "shooting the sucker." Steven Spielberg immediately took up the idea and the scene was successfully filmed.

mossrose
07-11-2017, 12:53 PM
"Basebat"...? :hrm:

That's what they call it in NZ.

Cerebrum123
07-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Did you know that Harrison Ford was sick in that scene?

From IMDB:

The famous scene in which Indy shoots a marauding and flamboyant swordsman was not in the original script. Harrison Ford was supposed to use his whip to get the sword out of his attacker's hands, but the food poisoning he and the rest of the crew had gotten made him too sick to perform the stunt. After several unsuccessful tries, Ford suggested "shooting the sucker." Steven Spielberg immediately took up the idea and the scene was successfully filmed.

It's better this way. :yes:

rogue06
07-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Amateurs:

Oregon man fights police with toy light saber

Police say a Portland man assaulted at least three customers in a Toys R' Us store with a toy light saber on Dec. 14, 2011. The 33-year-old man, David Allen Canterbury, was taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation after the incident. CBS affiliate KVAL reports Sgt. Pete Simpson says officers found the man, still swinging the light saber, in the parking lot of the store. One officer tried to use a taser, but it proved ineffective. A second officer tried to stun the assailant with his Taser but Canterbury broke one of the wires on the device with the light saber. Simpson said the officers then wrestled the suspect to the ground as he yelled incoherent statements. Authorities said Canterbury received citations for three counts of assault, and one count each of disorderly conduct, theft, and resisting arrest.

Woman pelts robbers with fruit

On July 20, 2012, an 80-year-old Massachusetts woman fought off two robbers trying to hold up a New Bedford market by pelting them with fruit.
According to CBS Boston, Otilia Martins was working inside the market, which belongs to her son-in-law, when she saw two masked men holding up the clerk at gunpoint. Martins started pelting the men with mangoes and apples. One of the suspects responded by pistol whipping Martins before taking off. Martins' son-in-law, Manuel Nogueira, who owns the Continental Market, was outside at the time and heard the commotion, CBS Boston reports. He managed to chase down one of the suspects, identified by SouthCoastToday.com as 22-year-old Eduardo Torres-Lopez. Police reportedly found the other suspect, 24-year-old Jesse DosSantos, hiding in an apartment building, on the second floor where he lived.
Indeed.

Woman Arrested For Assault With Deadly Squirrel; Was Enraged Over Lack of Beer (https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/12/woman-arrested-for-attack-with-deadly-squirrel-was-enraged-over/)

It should be noted that it was a ceramic squirrel.

Sparko
07-12-2017, 05:20 AM
Indeed.

Woman Arrested For Assault With Deadly Squirrel; Was Enraged Over Lack of Beer (https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/12/woman-arrested-for-attack-with-deadly-squirrel-was-enraged-over/)

It should be noted that it was a ceramic squirrel.

Man sentenced to Jail for attacking a muslim with a slab of bacon (http://nypost.com/2017/06/30/man-sentenced-to-jail-for-bacon-attack-against-muslim-teen/)

:bacon: I win. :bacon:

Zymologist
07-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Baseball is boring. It'd be way more interesting if played with a chainsaw.

Sparko
07-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Baseball is boring. It'd be way more interesting if played with a chainsaw.Any sport would be. Chainsaw Checkers coming to an arena near you!!!

One Bad Pig
07-12-2017, 08:05 AM
If you think baseball is boring, you should take in a game of cricket sometime. Be sure to budget, like, a week.

The Melody Maker
07-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Baseball, roguetech style? :smile:

rogue06
07-12-2017, 06:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZjsHYmazH0Dra/giphy.gif

Bill the Cat
07-13-2017, 05:46 AM

One Bad Pig
07-13-2017, 06:10 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZjsHYmazH0Dra/giphy.gif
Batting .000, aren't you?

Cerebrum123
07-13-2017, 07:26 AM

If you remember Base Wars on the NES that's basically what it is. :yes:

rogue06
07-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Batting .000, aren't you?
It's like golf isn't it? The one with the lowest score wins.

Trout
07-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Baseball is a thinking man's game. No wonder most of you don't like it.

Bill the Cat
07-19-2017, 05:53 PM

I love baseball. Am watching it right now, and have a gamecast going on my phone for another game.

Trout
07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
I love baseball. Am watching it right now, and have a gamecast going on my phone for another game.

Of course you are, my brainy friend.

Jedidiah
07-19-2017, 08:33 PM

Baseball is the only game I can enjoy watching.

One Bad Pig
07-20-2017, 05:47 AM
:no: Baseball is mostly about hand-eye coordination. And the "perfect" game is where no one actually manages to hit the ball. :zzz:

Bill the Cat
07-20-2017, 06:17 AM
:no: Baseball is mostly about hand-eye coordination. And the "perfect" game is where no one actually manages to hit the ball. :zzz:

Love it!!

Sparko
07-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Baseball is the only ball sport I enjoy going to games to watch. And the only ball sport I ever enjoyed playing as a kid. It's fun, simple to play and understand and you can just sit back and have a good time watching it without having to give it all of your attention. Grab a hot dog and a beer and enjoy time with friends while watching the game.

Bill the Cat
07-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Baseball is the only ball sport I enjoy going to games to watch. And the only ball sport I ever enjoyed playing as a kid. It's fun, simple to play and understand and you can just sit back and have a good time watching it without having to give it all of your attention. Grab a hot dog and a beer and enjoy time with friends while watching the game.

Exactly. And do the wave! And get a bag of peanuts from the peanut vendor!

One Bad Pig
07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Yeah, baseball is okay to watch live with friends. The game is a nice background activity that happens to grab your attention every once in a while.

Sparko
07-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Yeah, baseball is okay to watch live with friends. The game is a nice background activity that happens to grab your attention every once in a while.That's what makes it great. You can watch it attentively and enjoy it, or just as a background activity and still enjoy it. Unlike something like basketball where if you blink you miss something important and have to give all of your attention to the game at the expense of enjoyment with friends. It is why baseball is called a pastime.

One Bad Pig
07-20-2017, 08:20 AM
That's what makes it great. You can watch it attentively and enjoy it, or just as a background activity and still enjoy it. Unlike something like basketball where if you blink you miss something important and have to give all of your attention to the game at the expense of enjoyment with friends. It is why baseball is called a pastime.
That's why basketball is actually exciting to watch.

Sparko
07-20-2017, 08:29 AM
That's why basketball is actually exciting to watch.not to me. watching two teams of sweaty guys bumping into each other while bouncing a ball and having the ref blow the whistle every two seconds because some obscure rule was broken isn't my idea of fun.

One Bad Pig
07-20-2017, 08:58 AM
not to me. watching two teams of sweaty guys bumping into each other while bouncing a ball and having the ref blow the whistle every two seconds because some obscure rule was broken isn't my idea of fun.
:shrug: Baseball can be described in equally unflattering terms.

Sparko
07-20-2017, 09:54 AM
:shrug: Baseball can be described in equally unflattering terms.unpossible unless you are a commie.

Trout
07-21-2017, 09:01 PM
That's why basketball is actually exciting to watch.

Refresh my memory, basketball is the one where the last three minutes takes an hour to play, right?

Trout
07-21-2017, 09:02 PM
:shrug: Baseball can be described in equally unflattering terms.

Only to the undereducated fan.

rogue06
07-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Refresh my memory, basketball is the one where the last three minutes takes an hour to play, right?
That can be the last two minutes of football.

One Bad Pig
07-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Only to the undereducated fan.
No different than basketball or football, then.

One Bad Pig
07-22-2017, 10:21 AM
That can be the last two minutes of football.
And there's still more action crammed into those "two minutes" than an entire baseball game (speaking of which, they can go into extra innings where nothing exciting continues to happen until someone finally manages to score a run).

Sparko
07-24-2017, 07:08 AM
And there's still more action crammed into those "two minutes" than an entire baseball game (speaking of which, they can go into extra innings where nothing exciting continues to happen until someone finally manages to score a run).
more time to drink beer and eat corn dogs.

rogue06
07-24-2017, 08:00 AM
more time to drink beer and eat corn dogs.
Back when my oldest cousin came to town and we re-shingled my mother's house we would go see the Braves play in the evening. This was several decades ago when attendance was between 5-8000 people. Let's just say that the beer vendor knew us by name. :hehe: