Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

New Family Member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family Member.

As most of you know I love animals. Especially cats. I have had one very docile Maine Coon Mix named Buddy. But I've been wanting to adopt another one. I've been in prayer about the right cat, that God would show me what to do and point me to the right one or bring one my way. We have had a huge colony of ferals and strays that I'd been trying to comfort, feed, water anything I could do to bring them love. But in the heat they've gone hiding, the Tom's have killed the kittens, foxes found prey. Except for this one......
    I started feeding a cat in January with similar markings but I don't know what happened to him. Then we had a series of evictions a lady with dementia and this little cat who needed food. I brought him can after can for a couple weeks. He started living in my yard. I gave him water, then one night it happened. He meowed so long for hours and hours and hours anything to escape the 100 degree heat. He was dehydrated, and active. but getting sicker. I opened the door. he streaked inside, voraciously ate a can of food and drank as much water as his little body could handle. Then he ran into a room with fresh litter used the box and "tolerated" a bath. As he's rehydrated and eaten his appetite is regulated he's neutered and we frontlined him. My docile big boy has "accepted him" one thing we noticed, when his ears move he looks like a Vulcan.
    Welcome aboard Mr. Spock. 20121272_10203552212882562_3404178715521710832_o.jpg
    Last edited by Catholicity; 07-16-2017, 04:47 AM. Reason: added photo
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

He's beautiful
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

...and another Crazy Cat Lady begins...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I have 2 cats, 3 kids and one husband. When I figure out what kind of pet the husband is I'll tell you.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Now when have I ever shown signs of being a crazy cat lady..... This one seems to have taken to Annie anyhow.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Now when have I ever shown signs of being a crazy cat lady..... This one seems to have taken to Annie anyhow.
            Your avatar is a cat. You have two cats. you post on facebook and tweb about your cat. conclusion: beginnings of a Crazy Cat Lady.

Comment

Your avatar is a cat. You have two cats. you post on facebook and tweb about your cat. conclusion: beginnings of a Crazy Cat Lady.
              The early symptoms are certainly there. Prognosis is never favourable.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I have 2 cats. I've never had more than 3 cats at a time (then I realized that was a mistake and found good homes for them) I've fostered animals, until the burden was too much and I adopted them out at no kill shelters.... now I might be an animal lover, but that does NOT make me a crazy cat lady........it means I know what I can and can't handle. and in the last 11 years I've never had more than 2 pets at a time and this is the first time in 7 years I've had two.....AHEM!!!!
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  I have 2 cats. I've never had more than 3 cats at a time (then I realized that was a mistake and found good homes for them) I've fostered animals, until the burden was too much and I adopted them out at no kill shelters.... now I might be an animal lover, but that does NOT make me a crazy cat lady........it means I know what I can and can't handle. and in the last 11 years I've never had more than 2 pets at a time and this is the first time in 7 years I've had two.....AHEM!!!!
                  Every CCL denies being one, so that is more evidence that you are on your way to becoming one.

Comment

Not to mention that you have a rapidly growing thread about your cat.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Not to mention that you have a rapidly growing thread about your cat.
                      And there is a picture of her and her two cats that I found:

uja7yui_9699.jpg

Comment

<--- Cat Daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                          <--- Cat Daddy.
                          You are not in the running. We need multiple pictures and posts. Then you can be the real Cat Daddy.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X