Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nine Month Old Child Booked for Attempted Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Month Old Child Booked for Attempted Murder

http://tribune.com.pk/story/691237/9...empted-murder/

*speechless*
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Unlike most stories, this one's context is actually shown:

ASI Kashif, the complainant, said the accused caught him and beat him up, giving him a head injury. They also threatened to kill him, he claimed in the FIR.

Police lodged the FIR against all of Muhammad Yaseen’s family members, which unilaterally also included Imran’s son. But they did not bother to find out that Imran only has one child, his nine-month-old son, whom Yaseen then brought to court for the hearing. “He was nominated in the FIR so I took the child to court,” he told The Express Tribune.

Police were quick enough to shift the blame on the plaintiff of the FIR, ASI Kashif, saying they did not know that one of the accused was a child.

Taking action, DIG Operations Rana Abdul Jabbar has ordered the suspension of ASI Kashif for lodging an FIR against an infant, but the move was taken only after the nine-month-old ‘suspect’ got bail from the judge.

The DIG also sought a report on the incident from Iqbal Town SP Tauseef Haider and appointed Headquarter SP Maroof Safdar Wahla as inquiry officer.

DIG Jabbar said, “A nine month old can never commit such a crime. This incident took place due to sheer misunderstanding on the police’s part and was not done on purpose.”
    Hardly an enormity. On the other hand, there are some actually telling unreported news stories that may not make it to the wider mainstream news aggregators. Acting a good Samaritan in the middle of Samaria is likely to get you killed, apparently.

There was some very dire news in the story though:

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and Minister for Human Rights and Minorities Affairs Khalil Tahir Sindhu also took notice of the incident and have sought a report.
    Well crap, Pakistan is doomed.

Comment

I'm sure glad you have your priorities straight.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm sure glad you have your priorities straight.
          I certainly do:

In Pakistan, when someone tries to do his job, he is attacked, so he calls on the police to round up the attackers, who are limited to the family of one recalcitrant troublemaker.

In Detroit, when someone tries to help of his own accord, he is immediately set upon, assaulted, robbed, and left for dead by the entire nearby community, and police have next to no leads, help, or recourse on the attackers, other than that they're probably black. Even this fact is minimized and hushed up by the media. Guess the diversity becoming a casualty would be the greater loss.

One of these places is more civilized than the other, and only one of these places is one where we actually have any claim of responsibility, apart from the presence of a "Minister for Human Rights and Minorities Affairs" being a cause for great concern and most likely a symbol of American State Department influence, or possibly one of General Casey's more ill-advised diversity projects.

Comment

Epo...it would help your case if you had similar scenario to compare. As it is you're off on a tangent.

whatever... This story testifies to the lack of common sense being universal.

Comment

A judicial error that was immediately corrected is a funny human interest thingie - not sure there's a point to the OP beyond that.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I dunno...If they hadn't made them fingerprint the baby...that to me smacks of no common sense.

But yes, somebody with better brains did take action against the bureaucratic drones.

Comment

Speaking of the guy in Detroit (and the media didn't hush anything, the racial element is readily viewable if you do a Google News search), he's still in critical condition and needs prayer.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Epo...it would help your case if you had similar scenario to compare. As it is you're off on a tangent.
                      Tangent? Pakistan is a bit remote for effective human interest stories, when we could just as easily get colorful content in our very own country, from our very own cities, brought to us by our very own writers, free of charge:

I recall working CTA special on Chicago Ave one hot July 3rd watch shift some years ago. It looked like a convention of motorized wheelchair salesmen with all the young thugs and their paralyzing GSW's motoring up and down Chicago Ave from about 3600 - 3800 W. in their nice shiny 'guvment paid for battery powered wheelchairs.

It was one of those west side moments most people never get a chance to appreciate or comprehend.
                      Like a big old ghetto ride tooling along on one tire with air, one flat tire and two bare steel rims with sparks flying, driver grinning like it's Christmas.
                      Heck, I can even get a good description of 18-month olds the police might actually arrest with cause:

people were laughing and putting hats on him sideways, taking snapshots, when he was 18 months old. Teaching him to signify. Little party joke. "Look! He doin' it! He doin' it!"

"Whoo!"

Thug life is imbibed along with baby mama's lumpy-mixed Similac in these houses. End of story.
                      Cops, in general, have the best and most realistic human interest stories. Never let it be said that I missed a chance to back law and order by increasing the common understanding of the people who provide it-and the people they have to deal with on a daily basis.

whatever... This story testifies to the lack of common sense being universal.
                      Mechanically following the rules without recourse to common sense or experience is the required lifestyle in a world overrun by lawyers and those willing to use them at the slightest provocation. Thought process basically goes: YOU ARE A FORMLESS REPRESENTATION OF ABSTRACT CATEGORY "SOCIAL WORKER." YOU ARE TO DEAL AND BE DEALT WITH IN THE PRESCRIBED MANNER. YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO EXERCISE HUMAN JUDGMENTS. Some of this rot has indeed spread to many cops, them sadly being the most exposed to legal action. Such is the inevitable consequence of treating diverse humans as an average of their total traits.

But this mechanistic rule-following also applies to charity. Perhaps if Steve Utash had listened soberly to John Derbyshire's The Talk, (y'know, the one which got him mechanically fired from National Review by chief management-bot Rich Lowry,) he would be walking around today:

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.
                      Strangely, the media seems to be very desirous that lists of rules like the preceding remain unwritten, or if written, unshared. They'd also rather go halfway around the world for a fake 'human interest story' that's anything but, rather than drawing on the vast well of potential right in their own cities, which there's always been a strong American market for.

At some point, you really have to wonder how all this money and time straining at gnats and swallowing camels affects your sanity.

Comment

So somebody who self-identifies as a Christian is bolding the part about not acting the Good Samaritan in larger font than anything else. If this isn't a rejection of Jesus's ethics I don't know what is.

And, yes, this is pretty much the dictionary definition of a tangent.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          So somebody who self-identifies as a Christian is bolding the part about not acting the Good Samaritan in larger font than anything else. If this isn't a rejection of Jesus's ethics I don't know what is.

And, yes, this is pretty much the dictionary definition of a tangent.
                          So, the actual important details of the story are tangential to the superficial(and pretty dishonest) point the headline writer was trying to make? No, I'd say that in this case, the headlines are the most tangential aspect, while the story details are in fact quite similar, and provide useful points to compare and contrast. This is generally what happens when you let liars run journalism, of course.

In any case, helping a man in the wilderness is not helping a man in the middle of the city. I'm telling you things that can save your life. I'm sure that there were plenty of injured Sodomites Lot could have stopped to help on his way out. Strangely, that righteous man seemed to have survived up to that point by keeping his interactions with the sodomite community to a minimum and barricading himself and his family in his gated community home, though his wife was possibly starved enough for outside social interactions that she still looked back. Even stranger, the Lord seemed to put a greater priority on saving his life than the lives of any in the degenerate city. When Jesus was mentioning how dreadful it would be for pregnant women and children in Jerusalem in the coming days, did he disclaim all of the mournings and warnings with 'oh, by the way, no matter what the situation, if you leave anyone behind when fleeing for your lives, you're going to HELL!' Do you think Jesus was unacquainted with the consequences of war and sin?

Do not assume that the willfully degenerate will allow you to complete your charitable impulses, and do not attempt to bring peace before the sword is feared, else you charity will be twisted, and your charitable targets will turn and tear you in pieces. The point of the Good Samaritain story was to answer the question "But who is my neighbor?" For those who savagely assault and rob the people who are actually neighbors, and those who provide them protection and their silence, the answer is "not them, not ever."

Comment